20. Debutante: Part 2.

Just as we were walking away a person blocked our way, I looked at the guy who was almost half a foot taller than me. Athy looked up at him and gasped lightly.

"Princess Athanasia." He regarded her softly.

"This is the first time I've had the opportunity to introduce myself officially like this." He spoke placing his hand on his heart.

"I'm Ijekiel Alpheus. I'm honoured to make your acquaintance."

He smiled brightly for a moment looking quite ephemeral

He smiled brightly for a moment looking quite ephemeral. But I simply narrowed my eyes.

"I wonder if it's something that runs in your family Mr. White's son." I spoke up and the boy looked at me. Athy looked at me with wide eyes as I used that nickname.

"You father and son never look at the bigger picture."

Ijekiel bowed to me with his hand on his heart.

"Pardon me. Prosperity and glory on the Obelian Empire. I finally get to introduce myself to you, Your Highness Crown Princess Amara." He said and I gave him a blank look as he straightened up.

"I am Ijekiel Alpheus though Duke Roger Alpheus's son, not Mr. White's son." I smirked as he said that.

"You should ask your father about who Mr. White is."

"Ara..." Athy hissed and I looked down at her with a smile as I added.

"I'm not saving his feet."

"If you don't mind then, may I have this dance, Princess Athanasia?" Ijekiel asked as he presented his hand to Athy.

She looked once at me and I nodded at her, she placed her hand in his and they headed towards the dance floor. I still wondered why I had stopped the moment between them the last time, I wasn't supposed to, Ijekiel was a good guy and he really liked Athy but then, why was I worried in that moment that something bad might happen to Athy?

I ran into Felix as I was occupied with my thoughts and he smiled at me with his hand over his heart.

"Princess, may I have one dance with you?" He asked and I smiled at him.

"Sure."

Felix was quite gentle as he danced with me which made me wonder of one thing, "How long are you going to follow us around, Felix?"

"What do you mean, Princess?"

"How long are you going to stay a bachelor? When are you going to marry and settle down?"

His face flushed red in an instant and he nearly went off the track but I pulled him back on.

"Well, you're still young and handsome so, you should find yourself a pretty girl, I'll support you." I said and he cleared his throat.

"I-I will think about it..."

I shook my head as he was so flustered about this topic. When was he going to grow a backbone and ask Lily for marriage?