24. My Private Library.

AMARA POV

I had been so tired that I couldn't sleep well these days and since I was mostly at Dad's palace so, his room had become my second room. I would usually head over and sleep on his sofa while he'd look at my work and sign wherever needed.

At the present moment, I walked over to Dad's room with a stack of papers in my hands. I placed them down on his table and he looked at me as I stretched my arms and cracked my neck.

"God, I'm beat!" I hissed.

"You like a racoon." He commented and I looked at him.

"That's obvious. I've been working nonstop for days, I haven't slept for more than 4 hours in two days."

He looked at me for a moment before at the papers.

"Good work." He mumbled and I sighed deeply before I removed my shoes and walked over and lied down on the sofa taking the liberty of placing my head on Dad's lap.

"You think my lap is your pillow?"

"No, but I fall asleep easily when I'm around you." I mumbled as I yawned widely closing my eyes, instantly dozing off.

I saw a familiar blonde man standing a few feet away, his clothes and his sword was dripping with blood. I couldn't move for a second as I simply stared at his side. It was Anastacius!

I looked down at the floor where I saw Dad lying on the floor drenched in blood, barely alive.

My eyes went wide as the man turned and I saw Athy standing a few feet away from him looking terrified.

Anastacius lifted his hand up to his mouth as licked the blood with a sick grin in his face. He moved towards Athy and I saw Dad grabbing his leg.

He looked down at Dad and brought his sword down on Dad's chest, Athy gasped as she cried holding her mouth and then looked at me.

"Ara! Ara?!"

But I couldn't move I just saw the man walking over to Athy. He stood right in front of her and then turned his gaze to me with a smirk and an expression that clearly said that he wanted me to see this. He wanted me to feel the pain of losing these two whom I held so close to my heart.

 He wanted me to feel the pain of losing these two whom I held so close to my heart

Just then he swung his sword.

No!

I felt something cool touch my ear and I grabbed the hand which was close. My heart hammered in my chest as I breathed heavily.

 My heart hammered in my chest as I breathed heavily