47. Meeting the Alpheus Boy.

After a few days, Ara sat in the garden with Jeanette but Jeanette couldn't even open her mouth to talk as beside Ara were not only Athy, but the Emperor, the Magician, the knight and a maid.

All of them were hovering close by making Jeanette think that they were there to keep an eye on Ara.

"I-Is Her Highness still not feeling well?" Jeanette asked and Ara placed the cup of tea down.

"No, surprisingly, I'm feeling quite good after my dear friend had returned." Ara gestured at Lucas who stood a few feet away.

"Ah..." Jeanette still couldn't shake off the awkwardness which made Ara sigh.

"You all are making my guest nervous." She spoke and everyone looked away.

"Just be quiet and enjoy your tea time." Lucas spoke as he crossed his arms at his chest.

Ara simply sighed as she lifted her hand to snap her fingers to teleport herself, Athanasia and Jeanette to a quieter place.

"Don't you dare use magic!" Lucas snapped.

"Ara, you're not allowed to use magic!" Claude snapped as well.

"Put your hand down." Athanasia ordered and Ara and Jeanette stared at the three who had spoken in unison.

"Fine," Ara sighed as she put her hand down and picked up the teacup again.

Jeanette didn't get to talk much with Ara but Athanasia continued talking, despite the smile on Athanasia's face Jeanette could sense that everyone around her were on edge. They all stole glances at Ara and looked really worried as if she was in great danger. They would rush to her if she made even the slightest movements and even Claude seemed like he was really wary of everything.

Everything seemed so strange that Jeanette couldn't help but feel worried about Ara. Was her health still not good? But she didn't look quite sick? Or was it something else that everyone were hiding?

Jeanette returned home feeling worried and after a few hours she was called to Roger's library. She walked down the corridor and ran into the Gentleman guest.

"My lady, are you headed to Lord Roger's library?" He asked and she nodded.

"I'm heading there too, if it's not much trouble, would you like me to go along with you?"

Jeanette agreed to this and while walking the guest observed her.

They went inside Roger's library and Roger felt a headache coming as he saw the two together.

"... So, I had some tea with the Princess and returned." Jeanette gave a brief explanation of her meeting with the Crown Princess.

"You're saying His Majesty was also present for that?" Roger asked and Jeanette nodded.

"I see..." Roger sighed and then looked at the black haired man.

"But, why is Mr Patterson here?" Roger asked as he looked at the man.

"Mister said he was coming here too, so we came together."

"We met at the entrance."

After being acquainted with him for all the time it was only recently that Jeanette got to know that the man was called Viscount Patterson.

"I see, does the Princess seem to be healthy?" Roger asked.

"Yes, it seemed like she was quite sick lately, but after Lord Magician returned..."

"Magician?" Patterson spoke up.

"Ah, the Imperial Magician Lord Lucas. He was away for a while but he came back a few days ago."