15. Overwhelmed.

"I will be here as Princess Athanasia's and Princess Amara's playmate starting today. I look forward to spending time with you, Princesses." Lucas announced with a bright smile.

"Since Princess Amara said you get along well His Majesty decided that the Young Warlock will be your playmate

"Since Princess Amara said you get along well His Majesty decided that the Young Warlock will be your playmate." Felix filled us in.

Athy looked at me as if I'd betrayed her and I gave her a blank look.

"You did say you preferred Lucas over that blind Dog's son." I said.

"P-Princess, please refrain from calling Sir Roger that." Felix said but I ignored him.

"Athy doesn't need a new friend. Felix is all I need." Athy shouted looking at Felix who seemed pleased at her words.

"Wow, even I'm rejected. Guess, it's only us, Lucas." I commented and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Thank you, Princess. That makes me very happy. But I think it would be good for you if you met a friend around your own age. I do have a great admiration for friendship overcoming age differences. But there are some valuable things you can only experience with friends around your age."

I started laughing at that, for two things one:

"Athy was rejected." I commented and second, I looked at Lucas as he crossed his arms at his chest.

"Friend of our own age." He threw me a look before using telekinesis and I shook my head as I saw him grabbing Raven.

"What about Dad? I'll go tell him myself." Athy was still not giving up.

"Your Raven is particularly cute today, Princess." He said grabbing Athy's attention.

"He's so small, he's practically bitesized."

"How adorable

"How adorable..." Watching the glint in his eyes Athy sealed her mouth shut and agreed to the arrangement of Lucas being our friend.

After a few minutes I was sitting beside Lucas as he lounged with Athy in front of us and Raven in her arms.

"Thank you for this, Ara. And you," Lucas said as he looked at Athy who was still pouting at us.

"Let me just freeload for a bit. I've lived in the palace for a few days and I've gotten used to the convenience."