39. Don't Show Me Your Face!

ATHANASIA POV.

I was greatly worried about Ara, last night she was in a very distraught state, it was as if she was fighting something. That glare, that voice, it was something that made me shudder from within. If I had never seen the face of death before then last night I was sure I had looked in the face of death.

I had never seen Ara make such a face, even when she was greatly angry that kind of expression was never on her face.

The other day, Felix and the maids went in Ara's room and saw the whole room had been trashed.

"It seemed like there was some kind of... battle in there." He said as he described that there were burn marks on the walls and on the floor leaving cracks. Every other thing in the room, including the furniture was completely destroyed except for the two portraits which were of me, Ara and Daddy and other of Mom.

"It was almost surprising to see those portraits unscathed." Felix said.

Just what happened in her room last night, why did she throw us out so violently and closed her doors? What were those noises? Nothing made sense.

Currently, Ara was shifted in a new room since her last one was completely trashed.

But if the state of her room was one thing then the wounds on her body were the other. Though most of them were healed yet, there were some which were being healed and by looking at those wounds it was clear that there was someone or something in her room last night. Something from which she protected us.

"Burn marks." Dad whispered as he observed the gash on her neck.

"How did this happen?" He whispered more to himself.

"The rooms have protection spells to rip apart any intruder who'd intend to harm us, then how come someone managed to do this?"

It didn't make any sense.

Dad reached out and gingerly touched the healing patch over Ara's neck, his eyebrows furrowing.

"How did she handle such a thing?" He hissed and I stared at her too.

"Dad..." I spoke up, "I think she was trying to save us when she threw us out of her room."

"I had that speculation too." Dad said and our heads turned to Ara as we hard the sound of coughing.

There were multiple marks all over her body, the mark on her neck was slowly starting to fade and she coughed lightly.

I grabbed a glass of water and Dad held her head up to help her drink some water.

She drank a few gulps before leaning her head against Dad's shoulder, her eyes were still closed but it seemed like she was conscious.

She breathed heavily before she spoke something which made Dad's eyes go wide.

"You delved into Black Magic."

Dad looked down at her as she slowly pulled herself back and looked at him with a hard stare.

"You did, didn't you?" She spoke.

"What?" I gasped as I looked at the two of them.

Dad, did what?!

"Dad, what?" I asked and he looked at Ara's unwavering stare which demanded answers.

"I did." He confessed making my jaw drop.

"I don't need an explanation for why you did it." Ara said as she leaned back crossing her arms at her chest, the marks on her arms now rapidly disappearing.

I'm The Princess's Twin?! (Lucas X OC)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara