49. Premonition.

With the passing days Ara was starting to work alongside Claude as she wasn't allowed to do anything else. She had insisted that she should be allowed to at least train the knights but, His Majesty had refused. The things had gotten even worse after Ara had used magic at the lake, Lucas had chewed her ear off and she had to promise to not use magic again until everything was fine.

Yet, Ara could see why Lucas was so agitated, she could feel it too. Her condition wasn't getting any better, it was just like adding a few more minutes to a rotting corpse's life.

She knew the black magic was growing within her despite everything and she was going to die eventually but she didn't want to give up without putting everything on track. She wouldn't die before she kicked Athernitas' ass.

For the present, she was having an outdoor tea time with Athanasia and Jeanette, it was a rare time when she wasn't under over surveillance. But, that didn't mean that she wasn't having a cool head, Ara sighed as she started feeling hot and she looked at Athy. She was wearing a dress, wouldn't she feel hot?

She considered discreetly using magic to cool up but then recalled how she was scolded by everyone for using magic because it was killing her.

"Ara, are you feeling hot?" Athanasia asked and Ara nodded.

"Shall we head inside?" Athy asked Jeannette who was with them drinking tea in the afternoon.

"The sunlight is too strong."

"Move everything to the inside." Athy told the maids.

Ara stood up and started walking behind Athy and Jeanette, she was pretty much relaxed on the outside but her growing headache was making her body numb with passing time.

Ara suddenly noticed as the teapot tumbled and started falling, her eyes widened as it was going to fall over Athy's leg. She quickly reached out and grabbed it before the hot water could splash on Athy's leg.

Athy and Jeanette turned to see Ara holding the teapot with the steaming hot water trickling down her palm.

"Ara!"

"Your Highness, your hand!"

The two ran to Ara and she calmly just put the pot down while Athy held her hand gently in both of hers.

"Bring the Magician Lucas!" Athy shouted.

"Y-Yes, Princess!"

"Why did you grab that?" Athy demanded.

"It was falling so I caught it."

"So, you grabbed it with your bare hands?! Your body isn't even in a good condition!"

"I'll just use healing magic."

"No! No! Don't use magic. Wait here until Lucas comes!" Athy shouted as she held Ara's hand gingerly.

"Um... Is Her Highness not feeling well?" Jeanette asked.

"Lady Magrita! Please return home for today. I'm sorry." Athy said looking at Jeanette and Ara noticed the expression on her face.

"See Lady Magrita off." Athanasia ordered the maid.

"Yes, Princess."

Jeanette stood there as Lucas appeared and walked towards Ara and Athy.

"Princess, were you looking for me?"

"Yes, Ara has injured herself." Athy said as Lucas came and stood beside Ara.

"She burned her hand on hot water. She should be fine, right?" Athy was too concerned to notice the expression on Jeanette's face.

"Why don't you be a little bit more careful?" Lucas chided.