37. Outing.

We landed into an alley way Jeanette kept holding my and Ara's hands as she looked around with wide eyes.

"We are really outside!"

"Good work." Ara patted my head as it was me who had teleported us. I was glad that I didn't leave a hand or leg behind.

Ara had been teaching me how to use magic since these past few days and had praised me because I was a quick learner.

"Eh? It was Princess Athanasia who used that spell?" Jeanette asked and I smiled shyly.

"Wow, so, even Princess Athanasia can use magic now!" She looked at me with wide twinkling eyes.

Even though she was in a disguise yet, she was quite beautiful. The power of the female lead.

"Just address each other casually." Ara said and we looked up at her or him.

"From now, for the whole day, you are Jennie." Ara pointed at Jeanette and then turned to me.

"You're Rose." Was it because I loved roses?

"That's a pretty name." Jeanette smiled.

"Yours sounds like a nickname."

She nodded with a smile, "I always wanted somebody to give me a nickname."

Figures, she had lived in isolation for so long with only Ijekiel and Roger Alpheus looking after her. No wonder she wanted to experience something like this.

"What about you, Princess Amara?" Jeanette turned to Ara and she looked a bit confused.

"Just address me as Ara." She said and I sighed.

"First of all, why are you disguised as a boy?" I asked and she looked at me.

"Three girls roaming around without anyone to protect them, is like a finding a mine for the criminals. They're likely to stay away seeing a boy or a man with them. Besides, it'll attract less attention than when a girl ends up in a fight." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"The-Then can we call you big brother instead?" Jeanette said and Ara looked at her.

"That'll suit you well, Big brother." I said and she sighed.

"Fine, call me whatever you'd like." She said and we started heading out.

Jeanette seemed really excited as she kept holding my hand taking me with her as she looked around with bright eyes. Ara walked behind us looking around as well, but I knew most of her attention was on us.

"Don't run around too far, okay?" She spoke in a boy's voice and Jeanette looked at him/her with a smile.

"Yes, big brother!" She was really enjoying this.

We went over to various stalls and got snacks to eat while Ara paid for us following us everywhere.

"A-Big brother, here taste this." I fed Ara some cotton candy. She didn't like sweet things yet, I had this habit of feeding her some from time to time.

"How is it?" I asked.

"Too sweet." She replied making me laugh.

"Then, how about you taste this?" Jeanette gave her a small piece too which she reluctantly ate from Jeanette's hand with a blank face.

"Too sweet." She replied making Jeanette laugh as well.

How could it be that I was finding this so fun? If only Jeanette, I and Ara were in a different circumstances than we would have been great friends.

"Ah, let's go there!" We pulled Ara everywhere as we looked at the stalls while she kept looking around as if searching for something.

"Is something wrong, Big Brother?" I asked and she looked at me.