CHAPTER - 11

Y/N's POV :

I was lying wide awake on my bed because it was one of those nights when I just can't stop overthinking. My mind was filled with different thoughts causing my head to hurt.

I rolled over to check time on my phone. I just sighed and got up when I realised it was time to get ready.

I went to bathroom and did my morning routine including shower. I wore boxers and sports bra then quickly walked out to wear rest of my clothes.

Today we are about to walk down the podium and finally say goodbye to high school.

Yes.

Our graduation ceremony is today.

<sigh>

I sprayed my cologne then walked out of my room after taking my keys being satisfied with how I was looking

I walked downstairs and sat on the couch waiting for my parents to get ready. They have failed to attend a lot of important days in my life and I thought they will also miss my graduation day but they told me yesterday night that they will attend my graduation ceremony.

I will not lie and say I wasn't happy after hearing that because I was. I don't say it but I miss my parents a lot. I wish they realise it soon that their daughter is important too.

I turned around when I heard my parents walking downstairs. I got up thinking that they were ready to leave with me but my eyebrows furrowed when I saw that they were in hurry.

When their eyes fell on me they had apologetic look on their faces. It didn't took me too long to realise what was happening.

"Something urgent came up, right?"

My parents looked at each other and shared a look. My mom came forward and cupped my cheeks in her hands.

"Baby, we are rea- "

"It's okay, I understand. Besides, it's not the first time you are prioritising your work over your daughter."

My parents had a guilty look on their face and were about to say something but I just turned around and left. I don't wanted to hear whatever excuse they had made up.

I sat in my car and drove toward Mina's house to pick her up. When I reached there, I saw Mina already standing there waiting for me. She quickly sat in the backseat and buckled up. She looked really excited but her expressions changed when she noticed the look on my face.

"Are you alright?"

"I am fine."

She gave me a look letting me know that she didn't believed me. I just sighed because I wasn't in the mood to talk. She quickly took the hint and didn't asked me anything else.

I also had to pick up Chaeyoung because we planned to drive together to school so now I was driving toward her house.

After picking her up we started our journey toward the school. Their parents were also driving in separate vehicles. Their whole family was coming to see them walk down the podium unlike my parents, who were too busy for their daughter.

When we reached there I parked my car after finding a empty space which was a struggle because there were so many cars. We sat on our respective seats and waited for the ceremony to start.

I tried so hard to stop myself but my eyes still ended up searching for her. I looked everywhere but I didn't saw her. After sometime the teachers came and sat on their respective seats. I finally saw her when she also came to seat beside other teachers on the podium.

Poem?

Poem?

Her in that dress.

Jesus!!

Oh wait…

I should stop because I'm never going to see her again. I have to move on from her.

But...

She is so fucking beautiful.

I can't stop looking at her.

<cry>

[After the ceremony ended]

Everyone was busy hugging each other while I just stood there looking at them. No one was here without their family with them. I was the only one without anyone by my side.

When Mina and Chaeyoung's parents saw that I was alone they tried to cheer me up and I really appreciate their effort but it didn't worked.

I saw Ms. Manoban talking with other students and bidding goodbye to them. My heart was aching at the thought that I have to also leave her behind. I don't really care about leaving this place. She is the only one I will miss.

I sighed and closed my eyes when I felt tears threatening to spill. I was feeling so many emotions at once and I just wanted to cry right now but I couldn't.

Atleast not here.

I felt someone tap my back and I turned around to see who it is but my jaw dropped when I saw my grandma standing there.

“I am sorry, darling. I tried to come here sooner but I got stuck in traffic.” she said apologetically.

I didn't cared that she was late, I just hugged her tightly finally letting some tears spill from my eyes.

My grandma was actually sick from some days and I thought she will be resting today but I am happy that she is here.

She knew what I was feeling because my parents were not here so she just hugged me tightly while rubbing my back.

We separated after sometime then she kissed my cheeks and congratulated me. I was still feeling down but a smile was plastered on my face because of my lovely grandma.

Ms. Manoban came after sometime and congratulated us on being graduated. My heart started beating faster than ever when she hugged Mina and Chaeyoung because I realised it was my turn to hug her.

She softly smiled and hugged me too causing my heart to literally burst out of my chest. Her perfume invaded my nostrils providing me comfort. It also saddened me even more because it was the last time.

We are never going to see each other again.

Finally, it was time to leave this place. I looked at Ms. Manoban one last time. She caught my eyes and smiled at me softly causing me to also smile sadly in return.

After that I turned around and left.

<sobs>

____________________
ME AND HER ARE STARS MET ONCE IN THE BLINK OF A UNIVERSE, CROSSED ONLY FOR A MOMENT AS THE EBB AND FLOW OF DUST AND ATOM.

____________________
Is it the end?