15

Background Info

a week has passed since the sleepover and kidnapping incident, and y/n has been learning a lot of Korean from her brothers.

they're all eating together when the concern of y/n's education is brought up.

also this is gonna be a longer chapter than usual. just a warning 😭😭

Lee Know's POV

"isn't it time to put y/nnie in school? kids her age are supposed to be going to school and learning"

i mentioned to Chan.

...

no one has thought about how y/n needs to go to school. we're only first time parents after all 😞😞

"why don't we enroll her in the school next to Hyunjin and Jeongin's? they can drop her off and come home with us every day"

he suggested.

(I.N didn't graduate high school until 2021, and it's 2019 right now. Hyunjin graduates in 2019. let's pretend that there's a kindergarten/elementary/middle school next to the high school)

"are we still ok with letting her go out? after what happened i'm still scared to let her be alone"

Yongbok said. he's still very anxious about the incident.

"she'll be alright. she has me and Hyunjin hyung with her. the schools get out at the same time, so we can pick her up right after we get out"

Jeongin said. at least y/n will have someone to pick her up. we have to train a lot for shows and stuff, so she might have to wait in the room with us.

"we're gonna have to go to the school soon and get her enrolled then. the school year starts again in a month, so she should go enroll now"

Hyunjin said. today's a Monday, so school office hours should say that the school's still open.

Y/N's POV

"y/nnie are you excited to go to school?"

Bokkie hyung asked me as we drove to what will be my new school. i nodded. i've never been to school before.

"i'm excited to make friends but it sounds scary"

i said.

"it's a little scary to talk and meet new people, but it's really fun once you start getting to know them"

Hannie hyung told me. the rest of the way to the school, everyone talked about how excited they were that i'm going to school, especially Innie hyung and Jinnie hyung. apparently their school is next door.

"is this it Jeongin?"

"no, this is the middle school. the elementary is more down this way"

Innie hyung gave directions, and we eventually arrived at what would be my school.

"y/nnie, let's go"

Channie hyung took me out of my carseat and we walked into the office together.

the office lady looked up as the little bell rang and she looked a little shocked. maybe because an idol walked into an elementary school at random.

"hello, what can i do for you today?"

the woman asked Channie hyung while staring at him in awe. maybe the lady was a Stay-

"hello i'm here to enroll my daughter in kindergarten for the upcoming school year"

"okay let me get you some paperwork to fill out"

the woman rolled over to a cabinet with her chair. i've only ever seen people do that in movies where the evil person has a cat in their lap.

"hyung, shouldn't my mom be here? i thought a parent has to fill out the paperwork?"

Channie hyung didn't speak for a little bit.

"y/nnie, your mom entrusted you to me after we found you, so now i'm legally your parent"

i didn't speak for a while. i wondered and thought about when my mom was gonna come back. then again, she was never as nice to me as hyungs are.

Channie hyung got up and went to give the woman the paperwork. she looked over it and took me into a room to ask me some questions.

i looked over at hyung to see if it was ok to go with he. he nodded and smiled.

"i'll be right outside the door love"

he reassured me. i nodded and went with the woman.

"please have a seat y/n, i just want to ask you a couple questions to see where you're at in education"

she said. i nodded.

"it says here that Korean isn't your first language, and you're mostly fluent in English"

"yes, but i can speak basic Korean. i can count and i know the alphabet and basic phrases"

the woman asked me to count so i did. she seemed pleased.

"now, is that man outside truly your father? we have to ask to make sure all our students are safe and not in any danger"

i nodded.

"i call him hyung, but he's really my dad on paper"

the woman nodded again.

"alright y/n, we'll get you back to him then"

the lady held my hand and took me to the chair where Channie hyung was. he smiled at the sight of me and took my hand.

"she's all set to enroll. school starts up in a little more than a month from now on a Monday. also, make sure she gets these vaccinations if she hasn't already. i look forward to seeing you there"

i waved bye to the lady. we turned around and saw 7 heads peeking through the door.

we laughed and walked outside back to the car. Innie hyung and Jinnie hyung were excited to have me next door.

"can i take y/n over to my house?"

who said it?

we won't know until the next chapter is released tomorrow 🤗🤗