Bonus Chapter 2

Y/N's POV, 18

"you have a live in 2 hours, so let's come up with a theme together y/n"

my manager said as she looked at me while i was trying to eat my sandwich.

"can we do mystery food theme? i've been dieting for so long, and i just finished my tour. i can afford to eat more than bread and lettuce every meal"

i said persuasively, knowing how my manager always felt bad that i ate so little due to my diet. she would always sneak me little healthy snacks, with the occasional piece of candy.

"i'll see what i can do. i really hope we can"

she sighed as she opened her laptop and typed an email to the production staff. they'll probably be fine with it in moderation.

"have you finished your homework and stuff yet? you're still a student you know"

she scolded as she shooed me out of the room, not even bothering to listen to the fact that i was already finished with my work.

idols aren't just good singers and dancers and shit. i mean look at Enhypen's Jake and ZB1's Hao. they could be business owners if not idols.

"Kaylee?"

i squinted as i called out, seeing a cute familiar girl running towards me, presumably because she was late to her group's live that just popped up on my Insta.

"hi eonni, sorry i have to go, i'm so late 🥲 have a good night"

Kaylee said politely and frantically as she kept running down the hall. i like her. she's a sweetheart, and VCHA is the only upcoming group with members younger than me.

i feel like a mom to these kids now. this is probably how Channie hyung felt.

and while i was just thinking about VCHA, Camilla just ran down the hall after Kaylee, also late to their live.

"why is everyone charging down the hall all of a sudden"

i muttered to myself as i went into one of the practice rooms where i could hear Superbowl x Item playing.

i quietly opened the door and poked my head into the room, making sure that there wasn't any cameramen filming. i didn't want to crash their practice video or something.

"Y/NNIE"

Changbin hyung upon seeing me enter the room. Minho hyung smacked him on the head as he just stopped dancing to point me out. i laughed and walked over to the couch.

they quickly resumed for a couple minutes before the mashup ended, and that's when everyone rushed either towards water bottles or me.

"hey y/n"

Chan hyung came and messed my hair up while Seungmin hyung flopped next to me on the couch.

"we haven't danced these two in so long i forgot how tiring it is"

he said as he chugged a bottle of water. i cringed at the amount of sweat and heat radiating off him.

"Superbowl ain't even that hard, you guys are just old"

i said as i jumped up and started the music back up. i know every single dance to their songs. they drilled it into my head when i was a trainee.

"YEAH GET IT BABY SIS"

Hyunjin hyung shouted in the back as i scoffed and continued.

"baby my ass. i'm already 18"

i shouted back as i switched up to Item's choreo.