Ruthlessness

Monami

Chocolate Ice cream in exchange of life?? For hell's sake why can't anything go normal with me??

I ran breathlessly, don't know where. What I knew was that I can not stop, it can cost me my life. I just wanted an Ice Cream but here I am, running to save my ass.

I don't know what had I even done to make these three buggers hungry of my blood. I mean, I was standing besides them waiting for the stall owner to give me the ice cream when they suddenly started staring at me continuously. I asked them if they need anything.

Definitely not the ice cream, if they'd asked me for.

And then they started nearing me and I started backing up and a curse slipped off my tongue which may or may not have offended them and they stalked angrily towards me which left me no option but slap one of them, the giant one, and then, I had to run. Off course. One can not expect to walk away unscratched after hitting a badass dude. So yeah, I ran.

I don't know where was I running, but definitely opposite of Karan. I was scared and tired as hell of running, but still managed to keep screaming Karan's name, if by any chance he can hear me.

Suddenly I was pulled by a strong grip into a dark blind Alley and pressed up against the wall.

I tried screaming and struggling to get free off his hold but the man pressed his one hand on my mouth and the other on my back to keep me still. My racing heartbeats were loud enough for the man to hear and then, my eyes found his. It took me another three seconds to recognize him. Relief filled my body and I sighed, trying to control my uneven breaths. But soon enough the fear crashed again as I heard the footsteps approaching.

Karan pushed me further in the dark and cornered me from the road. The footsteps were turning loud by every second. His other hand which was before placed on my mouth, was now also resting on waist.

And I would hate to admit that I felt safe.

When the muffling voices hit our ears he looked down at me with a 'shush'. My breath got stuck in my throat as his eyebrows brushed the side of my eyes and his hot breaths tickled on my neck. I could feel his every muscle pressed up against me. And a butterfly fluttered in my stomach.

Shut up and stay still.

I told the butterfly, but did it listened?? Bloody stubborn ass creature!!

I was looking anywhere to avoid the eye contact, but just after some moments I felt his constant gaze on me. When I looked up and met his eyes, he was already staring back.

The muffling was stopped and everything was silent around us. The only sound we could hear was our own breaths synchronized with each other. I somehow managed to look away and then he stepped back a bit, showing me a hand to stay still, he got away and checked around.

" They are gone. Let's go." He said offering a hand which thrown me into a shock for a moment but I recovered soon enough and took his hand without thinking much and started walking with him.

As soon as we took a turn to get out of the alley, we stopped abruptly.

" Surprise Surprise!! "the bad guys sang in mockery.

Karan pushed me behind him in a blink and stood in front me like a sheild before he turned to them with a cold look.

" Hand me the girl and run away without looking back if you wish to live " One of them spoke and I noticed that they are only two, the third, giant one was missing.

" But I will not give you the chance to run, even if you wish to. Afterall, you dared to put your hands on my wife." Karan stated with cool determined voice Which send chills down my spine and I made myself to ignore his choice of words. But his words seems to have pissed the guys as one of them stalked threateningly to us with a dagger.