Like A Queen

Monami

" How are you both doing?? " I asked fixing the hands free in my ear and sitting on the bed as soon as they answered the call. 

" How can we be fine, till you are there. " I heard Sid sighing helplessly from the other side of the call. 

"If only we could just run to you. I would have choked that fucker Uncle of yours with my own bare hands. " Koel growled and I flinched at her curse. 

"Yeah, but you guys can still help me, being there. " I said. 

"How?? " They both asked together. 

"Koel, I've mailed you some documents related to the business. Please check the accounts. " 

"Oh, Are you taking over the business too?? " She asked excitedly. 

"Certainly. This business belongs to my father. And the manager has told me that there's a lot of illegal activities going on in the name of the medicine business. "

" Woah!! Your Uncle is a total villainous type. " I heard Koel's bored voice. 

" Anyways, It's Saturday so you guys must be free until Monday. Can yo-

"Yeah, I'll do it. Don't worry." Koel cut me off and I sighed in relaxation. 

Koel's Father is a businessman. She wanted to join him in the company but he handed over the business to his son, who's younger than Koel and has forbidden her to enter the office because she's a girl. 

Sick!! 

That's why she chose the army field. Otherwise she would have been the CEO of their empire. Even because of all this, she left her house and had broken all the ties with her family. 

"And what's the order for me?? " Sid asked. 

"You'll tell me how to hack the CCTV system. " I said. 

"Wow!! Wait, let me get my laptop. " I heard him walking away with the mobile on his ear. 

Just right then, The door swung open of my room and Karan entered, closing the door behind him. 

"How did you return so fast?? " I raised my brow. 

" Breakfast wasn't that tasty to waste so much time on it. " He answered plainly and I pressed my lips in a thin, annoying line at his acting. 

"How did you return so soon from Suraj Uncle's? " I rephrased.

"Did you think I would leave you here, all alone?? " Instead of answering, he threw his question at me while bending down and stealing a peck from my neck. 

My breaths got stuck in my lungs and I felt tingles on my skin. I looked at him, only to find him opening a little box in his hands. . 

How can he behave so casually after doing this with me?

I released a heavy breath that I was hitching. " Was that Karan?? " Sid asked and I came back to the world. 

"Yeah." I could barely manage to whisper a word throughout the rising goosebumps on my skin. 

" Since when did he start to express his care? " He asked and my brain got stuck on one word. 

Express?? 

Was I the only dumbass who didn't realise that he does care for me?? Hah!! 

Shaking my head, I opened my laptop in front of me. But before I could even start to concentrate, Karan leaned down over me and I looked up at him, stunned.