Forever

Monami

Karan was lying on the hospital bed with an oxygen mask and a nurse was additing injection in the cannula on his hand.

" Surgery was successful but they said that the next twenty four hours are crucial as the bullet was so close to his heart. If he doesn't wakes u-

"He will. I know he will. " I rubbed the tears away from my cheeks before turning back to uncle and hugging him.

" You need to rest Monu!! " He suggested with concern.

" I need to stay by his side. '' I said as the nurse who was inside Karan's room came out.

"Can I go inside?? " I asked with a pleading look.

"I'm sorry mam b-

" I promise I won't disturb him. Will just sit there. Please. " I requested.

"I-Okay." She said and I thanked before entering inside and sitting on the stool beside his bed.

I held his hand in both hands of mine and rested my forehead against them as my eyes shed tears.

" If I had known you would take me this seriously, I wouldn't have said that. " I sobbed, hugging his hand.

"What?? " A tired voice came and I whipped my head up only to find Karan avoke with his barely open eyes trained on me.

"K-Karan!! " I whispered as a tear rolled down my cheek.

His hand ,which I was holding, raised up to reach my cheek and he wiped my tears. But this gesture worked totally opposite as I started crying even louder.

"Stop it please. My head is already aching." He rolled his eyes playfully as I pushed his hand away while glaring at him.

"What the fuck were you thinking?? " I whispered-yelled at him.

" When?? " He played innocent.

"What if something would have happened to you?? " I sobbed again.

" I had to keep your words that you said to that asshole!! " He winked with a small smile.

" Idiot!! " I mumbled before kissing his hand as the doctors arrived to check him up.

A week had passed and Karan was feeling better than before now. Crown ceremony was postponed for one month because of all this and since Karan is injured, he is on leave until he's physically fit to join his duty again.

Suraj Uncle and Grandpa had managed about Raheja's and everything that happened and now finally we were at peace.

Karan and Grandpa are on a sort of war about who'll-Monami-be-spending-more-time-with.
As I had one month left before I officially took the position of Queen, Karan wanted me to spend this time with him in deolali at Shergill house. Grandpa didn't like the idea much as I should be getting to know Jaipur instead of running away from here. The hidden reason was because it's been nine years since we lived together like a family.

Thankfully I managed to make him agree but not without his bargain of fifteen days instead of the whole month so today we finally headed back to Deolali. We took the early morning flight and reached by the afternoon and then decided to take some rest as Sid, Koel, Faizy and Sanju are coming to visit us in the evening.

My sleep got broken at the doorbell and I yawned before checking the time on my phone. It was past six in the evening so it must be them. I didn't go out to open the door as we had already called Shreya before we even reached.

" Should we barge in?? Are you guys, like,decent?? " Sid's voice rang outside of our room and I sat up quickly.

" What the hell do you mean by 'decent' ?? '' I was half asleep, and didn't realise what I'm saying.