chapter 8

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

"Drive! Drive! Drive!" Gwen screams with a shaky voice while still looking behind at the man.

I immediately step on the accelerator and drive forward, out of the there, at a very high speed. I look through the rearview mirror and see more men join the black guy and they all start shooting at the car.

One of the bullets hit the back windshield which has me let out a blood-curdling scream because it breaks it.

I step on it even harder going even faster, dangerously fast. Because if one of those bullets hit the wheels, we are not going to escape. And if one of those bullets hits one of us, who knows what will happen.

Luckily for us, I find a corner and quickly take a sharp turn not caring if there is another car on the other side.

I know that with this corner, we will be safe from the bullets. I am breathing hard and shaking violently.

I have never had anyone shooting at me before. I just feel like I just escaped from the jaws of death by a chance  that was as slim as  the eye of a needle.

But Gwen, it seems like the moment we took a corner, she relaxed and calmed. She seems like she is okay now. How is that possible?

After we get a distance far enough, safe enough, Gwen turns to me with a smile. As if forgetting what just happen. As if not at all shake  by those numerous bullets being send to us, she says, "Take us to April Sea!"

I am in no mood to talk right now let alone question her or argue with her. I am still very much shaken by the fact that people were shooting at us. But, I still take us there.

I don't even know how I am driving so well right now and how I have not crashed into something already. Because the tension I am feeling right now is making me dizzy.

                             ***

I park the car next to the sea and get out angrily slamming the door. I start stomping my way away from the car. I heard Gwen get out of the car as well and walks over to me.

"Elsa..." She called out of me softly.

But, I am not in the mood. I am in no mood for her bullshit right now. So, I turn to her with rage covering my face.

"I can't believe you almost got us killed!" I screamed at her in annoyance. My voice is so loud, it makes her wince.

I then turn around and walk over to the shores of the sea with tears in my eyes I try to blink away.

I am so tired of telling Gwen to stop this. She is always getting herself into dangerous situations. And it is always never necessary. Like today. Why couldn't she just give the man his liver after he paid for it?

She breaks my heart sometimes. She frustrates me. I don't understand her. Why does she keep doing this?