chapter 99

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Before Jeremy could take the first step towards her, he felt someone grab his shoulder.

His eyes left the angelic face for the first time and went to the person touching him. It was the man he had called, his friend.

He thought his friend would scold him with anger and ask where he had been.

But he didn't. On the contrary, Jeremy wanted to thank him for being late because if it wasn't for that, he would not have had the chance to fall in love in 30 seconds.

He felt like a teenager, as if he was 15 again when he saw her. He literally felt like he had fallen in love in 30 seconds.

"Jeremy, is something wrong? You called me and didn't say anything throughout the entire call. I couldn't even hear you breathe on the line," Bruno said.

Jeremy had no idea that Bruno had answered the call. He had even forgotten that he had called someone before his eyes met the girl.

'The girl.'

He turned around to see her again and go to her, only to find that she was no longer where he had last seen her.

Panic immediately set in.

He ran to the spot where she was and started looking around, searching for her - a girl with brown hair dressed in a white knee-high flare dress.

He spun around several times, doing 360-degree turns as he desperately tried to find her. Where was she? Where did she go?

'No, no, don't slip away. At least give me your number first,' Jeremy thought to himself.

Bruno looked at Jeremy, who was frantically looking around like he had lost something very important to him. "Jeremy, is something wrong?" he asked curiously.

Jeremy looked lost as he spoke, "Bruno, you study here, right?"

"Yeah, who's asking?"

"There is this girl... She was just here and I need to find her," he said, breathing heavily while still looking around for her.

"Just here?" Bruno asked as he too started looking. He had no idea what girl Jeremy was looking for, but he found himself looking despite that.

"Yes, before you came. I don't know where she went. I need to find her, Bruno. I have to find her," Jeremy stressed those words so strongly that one would think it was a matter of life and death.

Bruno looked at Jeremy and started feeling concerned. He wanted to ask why Jeremy had to find the girl, but decided against it. Jeremy was looking like he wouldn't be able to function if he didn't find her.

"Okay Jeremy, calm down. I can help you with that. Can you give me a description of the girl? Let me know what she looks like," Bruno offered.

"A description of her... Yeah, of course... I can describe her," Jeremy nodded as he took a deep breath. "She had these eyes... These beautiful eyes that shone so bright even from here... Then she had this face, god her face... Then her hair. She was just beautiful," Jeremy's eyes lit up like he was in dreamland.

Bruno looked at him, wondering if he was on some 'happy drug' or something because he was not acting like himself. He also rolled his eyes at the vague description Jeremy gave him.

"Okay. So, she had a face, eyes, and hair. Hmmm! Such unique and detailed descriptions of her. I'm sure I'll find her very quickly because no other girl who goes here has a face, eyes, and hair," Bruno said sarcastically.

Jeremy was in no mood for clever remarks. "Don't give me that, Bruno. I have to find her... You have to help me find her."

Bruno chuckled deeply. "Okay. Do you know her name?"

"I don't. But she was talking to a girl, a redhead named Hayley," Jeremy hoped that might at least give Bruno something to work with.

"Okay. What was she wearing? Give me an actual description this time, Jeremy... And it will help if you include the color."

Jeremy was only half listening when he answered, "A white flare dress," his eyes scanning the area again in search of anyone in a white dress.

"Okay. I think one of the CCTV cameras here must have captured her. I'll get the footage, and we can start from there," Bruno suggested.

Seeing Jeremy still looking for her, Bruno held his arm. "Let's go now, we're already late. But we can still make it if we leave right now in a hurry."

Jeremy looked around one more time, and the girl was still nowhere to be seen. His mood instantly fell, which didn't go unnoticed.

Even though Bruno was confused as hell about what Jeremy was doing and what was going on with him, he played along supportively.

"Don't worry. I don't know why you are so panicked about finding the girl, but after the meeting, I'll help you. Till then, just hold on."