chapter 85

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa felt Jeremy's body tense up next to her after hearing those words.

He immediately turned hostile towards the stranger, eyeing him up and down with an icy gaze.

"Who are you to ask my wife if she is alright? Huh?... Who are you to her?" he asked angrily.

'Wife? Really now?'

Elsa looked at him, surprised by his cranky tone.

Why was he talking to the man like that? Why was he being so rude to someone he didn't even know, and for no reason at all?

Allan looked at Jeremy and then at Elsa. Seeing Elsa not saying anything, he realized that they were indeed married. How did he not notice the ring on her finger before? Plus, if she wasn't okay with Jeremy, now would have been her chance to tell Allan so he could help her break free from Jeremy and take her away from him.

"I'm her friend. I was just checking on her, that's all," Allan said calmly, ignoring the death stare Jeremy was sending his way.

"Friend?" Jeremy said the word as if he were tasting it. He then stood straighter and bolder, as though he were trying to intimidate the man in front of him.

"Well, friend... My wife doesn't need you being concerned about her. She is perfectly fine without it. Right, Mrs. Callahan?"

He looked at Elsa, waiting for her answer with a smile on his face that Elsa found rather creepy.

Elsa felt so awkward. Jeremy was making this situation so weird. He was talking to Doctor Allan as if he were explaining something to a child.

And his aura was not welcoming at all. Elsa felt that this hostility was so unnecessary, but it would be unwise of her to say anything right now, especially something Jeremy wouldn't want to hear.

She turned to Allan and gave him a friendly smile. "I'm okay, Allan. My husband and I were just playing, and I guess the game got a little out of hand. I'm so sorry to have disturbed you with this," she tried to sound as sincere as possible.

Allan had no choice but to accept her explanation. "It wasn't any trouble. None at all."

He took a quick glance at Jeremy, who still had a firm grip on Elsa's hand, then turned to Elsa and gave her a gentle smile and a nod. "Very well then, I'll see you tomorrow, Elsa."

"See you tomorrow, Allan." Allan then turned around and headed back to the hospital since his shift wasn't over yet.

Seeing how friendly they had become, Jeremy began to feel territorial over Elsa.

He gritted his teeth before commanding her in a cold tone to get into the car. Elsa immediately got in without saying anything in protest.

When Elsa had been quiet for those days, Jeremy asked his assistant to locate her and find out what she was up to. That was how he found out she was working at that place. He immediately came here to find her.

"I don't want you working here anymore," he suddenly said after a few minutes of driving in silence.