chapter 19

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Oh my God! Why such insults, though?

Hearing the word 'scam', I immediately remember the liver incident. I cannot live long enough to forget how Gwen ran away with that man's money, leaving him empty-handed and not even giving him the liver he paid for.

Gwen did scam that man that day, and I somehow did too by helping her escape. But if these people know Gwen so well that they call her such terrible names that are hurting my feelings so much, shouldn't they also know that Gwen is really dead and has a twin sister?

Even though I didn't really host a funeral, she refused to ever have one of those and just wanted to be quietly and privately turned to ash. I'm pretty sure her friends know she is no longer with us.

"I..."

*Slap*

I wanted to explain myself and say I am not Gwen, but I received another slap on the other side of my face. I feel a sting on my lip and touch it.

The corner of my lower lip started bleeding after the slap. I look at all of them, and they are all looking at me like a predator to prey.

They are watching me like they want to pounce on me at any moment. The woman who slapped me even looks pleased when she sees my bursted lip. I have to go. Immediately. Whatever Gwen did, it has nothing to do with me.

I try to take my hand from Jeremy, thinking now he would let me go because of this, but he doesn't. I turn to him frustrated. "Sir, please. Let me go!" I say politely.

Tears are stinging the corner of my eyes. The corner of my lips is bleeding, and my head is buzzing from pain.

He gives me an ice-cold gaze but still holds onto my wrist. I look at him confused. If they all don't want me here, shouldn't he let me leave?

"Jeremy, let that woman go. She is an eyesore to look at. Not worth our time," the other woman says.

"Nobody wants you here, Gwen. Leave before you cause any more problems. Because honestly, that is all you do," Rosana says with a voice that is so unfriendly.

"All you do is try to ruin things for me. Why can't you just let me and Jeremy be in peace? Why, Gwen?" the bride cries out, sounding hurt, like she has been wronged.

Should I tell them I am not Gwen? No. What's the point? I just got slapped twice out of nowhere just now by complete strangers. All I want is to leave and hope to never see these people again.

"Jeremy, let's go back inside and continue with the wedding, yeah? Don't fall for another one of this woman's traps," the bride says, wiping her tears away and forcing a smile.

The guests who had come out to witness the drama are all giving me disgusted looks after hearing what the women said. They are silently judging me. I feel Jeremy's grip on my hand loosen, and I use this chance to snatch my hand away. Then, without looking at any of them again, I run out of there quickly.