chapter 9

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

I suddenly feel arms wrap themselves around me and hold me tightly from behind pulling me against a body. And then, a chin rests on my shoulders.

"I'm sorry Elsa... I really am. I wasn't thinking." She says before she kisses my cheek.

I sigh shakily as I keep my head facing straight. Sorry doesn't cut it this time Gwen, it just doesn't. Thinking this, I don't acknowledge her apology and just keep watching the view infront of me. The sun was setting, ready to sink into the sea.

"You can't keep doing this Gwen. It's almost like, you keep looking for death." I say with a low voice.

Because it seems like yelling at her doesn't get her to listen.

"But death can't catch me, angel. I am lucky like that." She jokes. Of course she jokes about it. We were almost killed but she finds a way to make it humorous.

"But, what if one day you won't be? What if one day you won't escape in time... What if you get yourself killed?"

"Well, at least today wasn't one of those days." She says, jokingly.

I don't even know what to say to her anymore. She is so reckless for no reason, and it breaks my heart. I want to protect her, I want her to live. Live for both  of us because I will be going soon. I want to make sure she is fine. Not for me, but for herself.

But, I can't tell her how to live, even if I want to. No matter how much I disagree with her life choices, I cannot force her not to make them.

Sometimes I wonder if finding out about my illness turned her into this. She was never like this before.

Gwen then starts rocking me gently as we both stare at the sea. The sunset looks so magical and dreamy right now. And the two pairs of eyes have a good front row seat to just admire it.

The orange horizon is beautiful. The sea waters looked like it was swallowing the magnificent ball of fire. The sky was multicolored too, the parts that were orange, with parts that are blue,  the parts that are already turning dark to usher in the night.

It is such a calming view. It is such a heartwarming view and I got to watch it in my sister's arms.

"I love you, angel." She says to me as she squeezes me gently. Her cheek and mine touching.

"And I love you, rebellious angel."

We both start chuckling at that. Yes, I'm the angel and she is the rebellious angel.

I know we both mean it when we say we love each other. We both truly do. I mean, we literally started life together straight from conception.

We have lived life and gone through every stage at the same time. And right now, we only have each other. It's just Gwen and me. And, I hope it never changes.

I hope we never lose each other, even in death. Let the connection still be there.