chapter 71

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa got off the bus and went straight to her grandma's house. She wanted to surprise her because her grandma was not expecting her. She hadn't told her grandma that she was coming.

Her grandma, Amelia, would usually be in her garden behind her little house at this time, watering her tomatoes and flowers.

Before going to her grandma's, Elsa first went to the supermarket. It was a natural rule that you couldn't visit your grandma empty-handed. So, she always showered her grandma with gifts or went shopping for her when she went to see her. She bought groceries for her, including boxes full of milk, flour, sugar, rice, and cooking oil. She made sure to buy enough food for her grandma.

Elsa needed her grandma right now. She needed her guidance, advice, and comfort. Her grandma was the only therapist she needed because there is no greater psychologist than someone who has graduated from the hard school of life. Her grandma, who had lived a long life on this earth, had more experience and therefore, good advice on life.

Her life had taken a 180-degree turn. She was so confused with everything, and her sickness was threatening to get worse. But it seemed like she had no choice but to live her life for the little time she had left.

Grandma's house was a small corner of paradise. It was a place filled with nothing but joy and love. It was a place where Elsa and Gwen always felt happy and at peace. Elsa then got into a cab and drove to her grandma's place. The cab driver helped her with her groceries to the entrance of the house before leaving.

Elsa knocked on the door a few times, but no one answered. She knew where her grandma kept her spare key, so she used it to open the door. She then took all the groceries inside before going to search for her grandma. And just as she suspected, her grandma was in her garden watering her flowers while humming a song from her youth.

"Grandma!" Elsa called out sweetly.

Amelia turned around, and as soon as she saw her granddaughter, a wide smile appeared on her face. "My little girl! There's my little girl," she said warmly, opening her arms wide to invite Elsa for a warm embrace.

They hugged each other tightly. "I've missed my grandbaby so much," Amelia said as she held Elsa in her arms.

She then led Elsa inside, leaving everything she was doing. "I've bought you some groceries, grandma. I didn't know what you needed, so I got you everything," Elsa said.

Amelia looked at the groceries in her kitchen and then at her granddaughter with grateful eyes. "You do know how to take care of this old lady, don't you?" Elsa smiled back at her and nodded.

Her eyes traveled around the room, checking if anything in the living room had changed, including the decorations. That's when her eyes landed on a picture on the table. It was a picture of four people: Elsa, Gwen, Jenna, and Amelia.

It was taken during Christmas time, and they were all wearing Santa hats and smiling at the camera. Elsa and Gwen were children at that time, around 10 years old.