One Deep Breath

"Celeste!" Ash suddenly crashed Celeste's training, receiving seven pair of eye glaring at him. "Sorry!" He giggled adorably. "There's gonna be a Wallace Cup! It is a multiregional Pokemon Contest that attracts Pokemon Coordinators from all around the globe, since its prize, the prestigious Aqua Ribbon, can be used to enter every known Grand Festival. It is promoted and judged by Contest Master Wallace!"

"B-by my dad?" Celeste stuttered, face losing all color.

Not that Ash noticed, as he kept on going. "It will be held in the Contest Hall located on the shores of Lake Valor!" He suddenly stopped talking when he realized Celeste's state. "Cel... you know that you don't have anything to fear right. You can participate or not, at the end the choice is yours. However, it could be your chance to finally meet him and tell him about your aunt keeping you away from him."

"What if he does not believe me? Or does not want me... or..." Celeste mind began racing, all the ways the meeting could go wrong being kept in replay in his mind.

Celeste got startled when her hands were gently grabbed, her breath hitched when she was met with Ash's warm black-redish eyes. "Or he could be filled with joy about having a daughter, maybe he will panic at first, even rage at your aunt... at life, Arceus knows it can be unjust most of the time. But afterwards, he could want to know more about you. Maybe the two of you can learn to love each other, have the change that was taken from you."

"I... I am scared," Celeste sobbed, head on Ash's chest as he wrapped her in a tight and warm embrace.

"That's normal, but you cannot be brave without being scared first," Ash whispered in her ear, voice soft and melodious as his famed Nepehele. "And I am here all the way." They remained like that for a while, until Celeste's heartwrenching sobbs stopped and she had calmed down. "Better?" He asked, placing a sweet kiss on her forehead.

"Yes," Celeste whispered into his chest. "I can do this... or at least I can try."

"Of course, you can do it," Ash reassured Celeste, his voice tender and supportive. "I'll be right there with you every step of the way. We'll face whatever comes together."

Celeste looked up at Ash, her eyes still watery but determination shining through. "Thank you, Ash. You're the best friend anyone could ask for."

Ash smiled warmly at her. "And you're the best friend I could ever have too. We'll face the Wallace Cup together, and whatever happens, we'll handle it together."

With newfound determination, Celeste wiped away her tears and stood up straight. "You're right. I can't let fear hold me back anymore. I need to face this, for myself and for my dad."

"That's the spirit!" Ash cheered, giving her a thumbs-up. "I know you can do it. And you know what? I have a feeling that your dad will be so proud of you when he sees you in action."

Celeste blushed but managed a smile. "I hope so. It's just... I've waited for this moment for so long, and now that it's actually here, I'm scared of what might happen."

"It's okay to be scared," Ash said gently, placing a hand on her shoulder. "But remember, you're not alone. We're a team, and we'll face this challenge together."

Celeste nodded, feeling a sense of strength and reassurance from Ash's words. "Thank you, Ash. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"We'll be there for each other, no matter what," Ash said with a warm smile.

With the decision of meeting her father, Celeste and Ash made their way to Lake Valor. Still, Celeste's mind was elsewhere. All the wrong ways her first meeting with her father could go made their way back front and center. Doubts and fears swirled in her mind, and she couldn't shake off the feeling of uncertainty.

As they walked along the serene shores of Lake Valor, Ash sensed Celeste's unease and gently took her hand in his. "Hey, you know, it's natural to be nervous about this. Meeting your father is a big deal. But don't forget, you're strong, and I have complete faith in you."

Celeste managed a weak smile, grateful for Ash's comforting words. "I know, but what if he doesn't want to see me? Or what if he doesn't believe me?"

She repeated the same questions as before, but Ash did not scold her. He was totally patiennt, as he squeezed her hand reassuringly. "We won't know until you try. You've come this far, and you deserve to know your father and have him know you. You've carried this burden for too long, Celeste. It's time to face it."

They sat down by the lake, the gentle ripples of the water creating a calming ambiance. Celeste took a deep breath, trying to steady her thoughts. "I just wish I knew how it will turn out. What if it changes everything?"

"It will change everything," Ash turned to her, his expression sincere. "Life is full of uncertainties, but that's what makes it exciting too. You can't predict the outcome, but you can control how you face it. And no matter what happens, I'll be here with you every step of the way."

Celeste's eyes filled with gratitude as she leaned her head on his shoulder. "Thank you, Ash. I don't know what I'd do without you."

He smiled, wrapping his arm around her. "You don't have to do anything alone. We're a team, remember? Whatever happens, we'll figure it out together."

As they sat there, watching the sun dip below the horizon, Celeste felt a sense of peace wash over her. She knew that the path ahead might be uncertain, but with Ash by her side, she felt ready to face it.

The next day, after checking into Lake Valor's Pokemon Center and settling into their room, Celeste and Ash headed out to find a quiet place for Celeste to practice for the Wallace Cup. Thogh, her nerves had gotten the best of out her and she had yet to sign up for it.

They wandered through the woods around Lake Valor, the drifting fog creating an enchanting atmosphere. As they followed the melodic voice leading them, they stumbled upon a smaller lake, tucked away in a hidden corner. There, standing gracefully with his Milotic, was Wallace, the renowned Contest Master. Celeste's heart skipped a beat as her gaze fell upon him. This was her father, the man she had yearned to meet for so long. Her mind raced, and panic crept in. How would she approach him? What would she say? Celeste took a step back, unsure of how to handle the overwhelming emotions swirling within her. She didn't expect to encounter him so soon, and now she felt unprepared.

Wallace remained oblivious to their presence, engrossed in his practice with Milotic. Celeste's heart pounded in her chest, torn between the desire to introduce herself and the fear of how he would react. She didn't want to startle him or cause any awkwardness. Turning to Ash, she whispered, "I-I don't know what to do. Should I say something? What if he doesn't want to see me?" Her voice wavered, and her eyes were filled with uncertainty.

Ash placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Take your time, Celeste. It's a big moment, and you don't have to rush into it. Just follow your heart and do what feels right for you."

They decided to observe from a distance, allowing Celeste to collect her thoughts and emotions. As she watched her father interact with Milotic, she couldn't help but feel a mix of pride and trepidation. Seeing him in person only intensified her desire to have a relationship with him. But for now, she would wait and carefully consider the best way to approach him.

For now, she would take a deep breath, let the emotions settle, and wait for the opportune moment to make her move.