Training & Talks

Jewel's POV
~~~~~

As Samuel and I walked out we made our way up to my room. The whole time it was hard for me to think. With his arm wrapped around me my mind couldn't settle down. Not even with Alexander did my heart race like this. Every few seconds I'd peek up at him but quickly look away when he'd catch me. I could feel my cheeks grow hot.

"Stop it." I laughed lightly, mostly embarrassed.

"Stop what?" He asked stopping in his tracks and turning to me. He looked completely serious but I just knew he was doing it on purpose.

"You know what. I'm already embarrassed as it is." I blushed once again. He frowned and pulled me towards him. Both hands now on my hips. "What's bothering you?"

"That! What you're doing right now." I said motioning to him. He chuckled and removed one hand only to scratch his head in confusion.

"Jewel, what on earth are you talking about?" I glared but decided to explain.

"Every time you touch me or look at me you make me feel...different. Is this a gift you have?" I asked now curious. He busted out laughing.

"Do you mean the happiness and excitement? The feeling of being whole and relaxed? How your heart races when I touch you?" He asked still chuckling. I nodded.

"Yeah is that a gift of some kind?"

"No." He began to laugh once again.

"Samuel! Stop laughing and explain!" I said now lightly laughing. Why was I laughing? Something about his laugh made me happy.

"Baby, that has nothing to do with my gift. That's called our mate bond." I felt that familiar heat in my cheeks and looked away.

"Oh."

"Though I love to see that beautiful blush on you, you don't have to be embarrassed. You know why?" He asked lightly pulling my chin up in his direction. His green eyes sparkled with joy.

"Why?" I whispered.

"Because every time you look at me, every time you touch me, I feel the same way." His voice was like a soothing lullaby, low and gentle. My eyes fluttered to his lips. "Jewel, may I kiss you?" I looked back into his eyes. Oh how I could gaze into them forever. Slowly I nodded and slowly he leaned in. His warm lips grazed my own causing my insides to jolt with excitement.

"Samuel. Jewel." My father's voice sounded causing us to pull apart quickly.

"Yes sir." Samuel replied, a ting of pink colored his face.

"I don't believe it's the right time for that." Samuel nodded.

"Training sir, got it." Was his reply. I sighed causing my father to smirk and walk off. Oh he definitely did that on purpose!

"Come on you big sissy!" I said pulling Sam into my room.

"I'm a sissy? Not even two hours ago I fought rogues."

"That's true but you can't even kiss me in front of my father!" I laughed.

"He said it wasn't time for that. What did you want me to do, ignore the king's command and then lay one on his daughter?" I laughed and walked into the large closet.

"Yes!" I teased. Quickly I changed into workout clothes. When I pulled my shirt off I noticed the stitches were already gone. "Good news, my stitches have already dissolved!" I said walking out and catching Samuel sniffing my pillow. His eyes grew wide as he began to laugh. I raise an eyebrow.

"What? You smell really good. Don't act like you wouldn't do it to mine." This time it was my eyes that widened.

"I would not!" I laughed. "Come on, let's get this training over and done with!" I grabbed both his hands and pulled him off the bed and chest to chest with me. "But first, I'll test you. Who ever makes it to the training room first wins."