Submitting To Her

A/n

If you don't remember dragons past go to Dragon's Past (the chapter) and review it, it will help you understand this chapter.

~~~~~

Jewel's POV
~~~~~

The halls of the castle were dimly lit by candle light casting shadows on the walls here and there. The night air was cool yet comfortable but I still found myself wanting to be snuggled up next to Sam and not here in front of the library. When I left our room I headed towards Julian's but when I arrived his door was cracked open and his scent was leaving the room. I had a quick peek in but he was no where to be found, so I followed his scent which lead me here.

One of the large doors where slightly opened and I heard Julian mumbling. Curious, I pulled the door open a little further and popped my head in. There on the couch sat Julian reading a book. I opened the door all the way causing it to creak. At the sound Julian's head shot up.

"Hey, what are you doing up?" He asked putting the book he held down on the side table.

"Sam wanted-I was worried-uh, how are you?" I asked not knowing how to approach him. At this he chuckled and patted the seat beside him.

"Tell Sam he worries more than mom." I laughed and nodded in agreement.

"He does! You should have saw him when he first found out I was pregnant. The first couple of days he kept trying to carry me just to make sure nothing happened to me. It was annoying to say the least. Finally I smacked some sense into him."

"Sounds like him. Big bad king on the outside, soft marshmallow on the inside." He joked and nudged me. He sat there quietly and stared at his hands for a moment before he spoke again. "I'm doing fine." I gave him a glare. "Seriously Jewel, I've been working on myself and I've nearly got everything under control."

"When you say under control you mean not letting a hurricane destroy the surrounding area?" I asked laughing lightly.

"Yeah, precisely." He chuckled but quickly sobered up. His eyes became distant and tears began to build. I watched silently as he gathered the strength to keep his tears and feelings at bay. When he became relaxed a lone tear managed to fall. "I didn't create the snow storm that's coming you know." He said wiping his cheek. This caused me to laugh out loud.

"I know Julian." I patted his hand lightly. "What's bothering you? Why are you here, in the library, reading—" I looked at the book on the table. "Gifts and Curses of the Supernatural?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Because he lied." I gave him a confused look. "Dragon lied to me, to everyone. I thought of him as a father, dad thought of him as a brother, and the whole time he was someone else. He acted as if he loved life, as if he was always happy and had the answer, but he didn't. He was scared! He was alone! He didn't want to live to see tomorrow, and no one knew!" His words came out emotional and the lights flickered a few times. His words hit me hard. Dragon wasn't happy?

"I-I don't understand." My words came out shaky. I had a feeling I knew where this was all going but I prayed I was wrong."

"Dragon told me that he killed his father on an accident, that his mother died soon after that from depression, that the Royal guards saved him, that his mate and pup died when he let them visit the castle. He told me of how he came to find out he was gifted. All of it, all of it was a lie."

"What? How do you know this?"

"Because I saw his memories, all of them." He seemed as if he was in pain as he lightly tugged at his hair.

"Julian, I don't understand. Please–"

"Before Dragon died he spoke in this weird language and when he did I felt his power, his gifts, his ranking pour into my being. I inherited everything, his knowledge, his abilities, and his memory. When I was passed out I had to relive his life in my head. A few weeks after he shifted for the first time he began to have innocent dreams that eventually came true. Then one night he had a dream about his dad coming home to beat his mother. He dreamed he killed his father." Julian stood up and began to pace. "He knew it was bound to happen and when the day came he let the dream play out. He didn't try to stop it."