Training & A phone Call

I had expected a small cabin a couple of miles from the village's borders but that's not at all how our travel went. We had ran in our wolf form for over twelve hours. The sun had set about two hours ago and the thick forest was now thinning out quickly.

'We are almost there. Maybe five more miles.' Jewel linked. I nodded and kept running. As I did I glanced at her wolf. She was just like mom, the spitting image of her. Her wolf was pure white. Though she was larger than mom she was just as fast if not faster. The only other difference was their eyes. While our mother has emerald green eyes, Jewel inherited our father's piercing blue ones.

When we reached a clearing, there in the middle was a decent sized house. It was a pristine white house with royal blue shutters and a matching front door. I honestly had pictured a small shed or cabin not something so normal.

'Not what you pictured huh?' She asked. I shook my head. I knew something was bothering her by the way she kept staring at me.

'What's on your mind?'

'Why is your wolf bigger than mine?' Her question made me laugh. I thought something more serious was the matter. 'Don't laugh! I thought we were twins yet we look nothing alike!' She whined.

'Let get inside and shift, then we can talk about it.' She nodded and led me inside the house.

After getting changed I met Jewel in her room. It was plain. The walls were eggshell white and totally naked. There were no pictures or posters, not even a clock. Only one small mirror was hung and it was right above the dresser. The one dresser she had was nearly spotless. No perfume or make up was seen, only a single brush laid on top.

I made my way to her bed and sat down. It was small but big enough for herself. I watched as Jewel rushed to a door and opened it. From where I sat I could see that it was a small closet. She came out with a duffle bag in her hand. Throwing it to me I caught it and sat it down beside me.

"So are you going to explain?" She asked then hurried to the dresser and pulled out clothes.

"Okay, you're smaller than me for different reasons. It has nothing to do with the fact we're twins. You do know not all twins look alike right?" I asked with a chuckle. She rolled her eyes but smiled.

"Explain then."

"Well for one, you are a female. Female wolves are usually smaller than males. Secondly, you take after our mom, she's short and tiny." This made her smile.

"I look like mom?" She asked happily. I nodded.

"Nearly a clone but you have dad's eyes." I laughed. "Thirdly you don't seem to be trained like you're suppose to. You didn't get the exercise and workouts to bulk your wolf up. Don't worry when we get home you can work on that. We will also work with your gift. Did you know about it?"

She stopped packing and looked at her hands. "No, I had no idea. I read about gifted wolves and how you usually find out right after you shift but I never had any signs of being gifted. What about you? What happened with that lady in the ally?"

"I don't know. It's like electricity just coursed through me and into her. It didn't hurt me at all. It was like I was the one producing a current."

"Technically you did produce a current. How else would you explained the brain fried lady?" She zipped the bag up and moved it to the floor.

"Is that all you're packing?" She looked down at the small bag and nodded. Sitting beside me she sighed.

"When you move all the time you figure out what's important to take and what's not. Besides a few pair of clothes all I need is my toiletries and personal items. Luckily for me they all fit in this bag." I glanced down at the bag only to frown. Not even half of my personal pictures with my parents and Dragon would fit in the small bag yet everything precious to Jewel fit comfortably.