Epilogue- Saying Goodbye

Julian's POV
~~~~~

Today was the day I had dreaded yet longed for in the most terrible way. Today was the day I got to see my beloved sister one more time. Through out the years I had kept my promise. I had watched over the family, staying out of the authorities' sight. I have had the pleasure of serving the people whether it be my kind or human kind, but in the process I might have had to do some illegal activities which meant all authorities, including my families' security, had to be avoided.

Though I wasn't around for them to see I always sent a card or gift to the family member who had a birthday just to remind them that I still cared. The triplets grew intelligent and all were very striking. The boys, Dyson and Dawson, were built like their father but held their mother's eyes. Sadly, miss Dylan took after her mom and grandmother, short and too pretty for her own good. Of course, she had her father's charming personality. Though they've never met me Jewel has told them stories and they've always enjoyed hearing them. I too, enjoyed them. Seeing them all so happy made my predicament a bit less miserable.

When my father passed away it was hard on the family, especially mom. Within the week she had passed as well, in her sleep. Both were at an old ripe age when this happened, but that didn't make it any easier. I watched the funeral  from afar. It was truly beautiful. I remember watching as a weeping Jewel searched the area for any sign of me. To ease her I picked the wind up and let the clouds roll in a bit too fast.

I had long ago managed to control my emotions where they wouldn't affect the weather but it took me a bit longer to actually control the atmosphere without using any emotions. I also learned how to seek a vision instead of just waiting for one to happen. This helped me in my line of work.

"Goodnight mother, love you." The kind voice that I knew to be Dylan's spoke softly. I watched from outside as the middle aged women leaned down to kiss her mother's cheek.

"Love you too baby. Next time you see Dawson tell him to bring that sweet grand baby of his up here to visit, she is such a doll!" The frail voice cooed.

"I will. We will see you in the morning. Dyson said to tell you he loves you as well and that he hopes you get to feeling better."

"Okay, night dear." With that Dylan left closing the door behind her. Within a few minutes she made her way out of the house and into her car. I didn't make a move till the car was totally out of sight and hearing distance. I then waited a few minutes after the bedroom light was cut off. When the time was right I masked my scent and took off towards the house making sure to stay out of the hidden guard's view. As I reached the bedroom window I gently pushed it open and quietly climbed in.

"At last, my brother, the great warrior, has returned home." The frail voice spoke with an underlining happiness. Then in a flash the bedside lamp flickered to life. There in the bed sat my little sister. Though time has not laid a finger to me I couldn't say the same for her.

Her eyes held crows feet at their corners indicating that she smiled more than not, and her mouth wore laugh lines proudly, for she was always happy and looking at the good in life. Her hair was thinner and much more duller than it use to be and she herself was thin. A pang of jealousy ran through me. I could never have that. I couldn't have old age and an honorable death. While she sat fragile with wrinkles adorning her features I still looked to be in my late twenties. A young pup.

"That I have." I replied stiffly. "I'm sure you've heard of all my...achievements." I spoke hinting at my crimes from the late and recent past."

"I have." There was a short silence. "We'll...give me a hug you big dope!" She laughed causing any stiffness to quickly fade. I rushed to her side and lightly hugged her, trying my best not to break the small woman in my arms. "I have waited for this day for so long!" Large tears leaked from her glossy eyes and slowly slid down her thin cheeks.

"Me too, me too." I pulled back and sat down beside her. Looking around the room I noticed all the pictures of her family. My niece and nephews from their diaper days to their graduation day. Then some more pictures of their children, and then some of their children's children. Lowly I whistled. "You have a big family sis." This caused her to sigh.

"They're your family too Julian." Julian. I haven't been called that in years. I usually just give a fake name and identity. Smiling I took her hand.

"I know, but they don't know me like I do them, so it's different."

"You can get to know them." She tried knowing it was a lost cause. I looked around the room again and saw a photo of her, Samuel, and I from the day they took the thrown, on the table beside the bed.

Leaning over I reached for the photo. It was taken while we were talking, not really paying attention, yet it was the greatest picture of what we were all thinking. Jewel was staring down at her huge belly while Samuel was gazing at his mate with a love so strong. I of course was smiling while watching the two in their own world. No matter what happened to me I could always count on Sam to take care of Jewel. Slowly I put the picture back in its rightful place.

"I'm sorry about Sam." I said as I looked up. She smiled yet tears fell from her eyes instantly. "I went to the funeral." She wiped at her eyes trying to clear the salty liquid.

"I know you did. I felt the change in the wind." I patted her hand that still laid in mine. "You were at everyone's. Granddad's, Maria's, Maggie's, Suzzie's, and every other funeral." I only nodded in agreement.

"You and Sam did a great job leading this kingdom and now Dyson is doing the same. He is truly a great king. Sam would be proud."

"He would and I'm so happy that I'll see him soon."

"Don't talk like that Jewel." This made her lightly laugh.

"We both know why you're here Julian, don't be stupid." Involuntarily I gulped feeling a large knot catch in my throat. "Sam died two weeks ago, I didn't expect to last this long. You came to say goodbye one final time, didn't you?" I couldn't speak. My throat had now totally closed up and my eyes filled with the emotion I've bottled up for so long. "Tonight's my last, isn't it?" She asked quietly. I nodded.

"I'm so sorry." I cried.

"Julian, don't. It's life. People die all the time." She leaned over and pulled me into an embrace. Wrapping my arms around her I let the tears fall freely. Tomorrow morning I would wake up with the morning's light but she would not. I would live far longer than ten life times and yet she barley had one. I would never see her after tonight and within a few hundred years it would be difficult to remember her image.

Jewel held me till I was done and let go only to yawn. Her face was tear stained and her eyes red. She had silently cried too.

"I love you Jewel."

"I love you too Julian." Standing up I leaned down and kissed her forehead. She lightly smiled and leaned back to get comfortable in the bed. The small old lady who laid there would be an empty shell in just a few hours and with all the power in my being I couldn't do anything to help her. "Julian." She whispered pulling me from my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"Stay until I fall asleep?" She asked. I nodded and sat in the chair beside the bedside table. I watched as she leaned over and turned the lamp off. "Night Julian."

"Night Jewel." I whispered back.

Within the hour Jewel fell into a deep sleep, a sleep she would never come out of. Quietly I stood and kissed her once more. "Goodnight my sweet sister." I looked to the night stand, the picture frame that sat in the moonlight caught my attention. Knowing Jewel wouldn't care, I took the small photo and tucked it in my jacket then made my way to the window. Looking back once more I sighed then continued to do what I did best. I left. I left to be the warrior the world needed.

~~~~~

A/n

Well guys, it has been a long journey with Submitting To Him and Submitting To Her but now it comes to an end...or does it?!? I have an ideal for a single book all about Julian and his life after Submitting To Her. It would be called Warrior. So let's vote!

Yes✅ I want the book Warrior!

No✅ I don't want a book all about Julian👎🏻

Comment, vote, follow,

And Always,

Be Blessed!