A Ball, A Bash, A Birthday? & Chaos

~PART ONE~

The past two weeks had been nothing but training and planning for the big celebration. Jewel was oddly giddy but I expected it had something to do with Samuel always being by her side. Dragon returned a few days ago making my life miserable. In the early morning I'd do everything from paper work to meeting with alphas, in the evenings I'd work with Dragon, molding my gift and skills. I didn't leave the training room until he was impressed. When everyone was asleep that's when I'd run to the library and plan for the future. I hardly had any rest but let's face it, when you're trying to save a kingdom there's no time for rest.

Throughout the week I'd practically electrocute Dragon at least once a day. He thought it was an accident, that I had released too much power during training, but I was secretly doing it on purpose. Let's just say it was a bit of payback for working me too hard. I smiled at the thought and preceded to my room.

Dinner was eventful and ended with a food fight between my mother and father. I hadn't seen them this happy and carefree in years. As I entered my room I yawned. A few hours of sleep sounded good and I planned on getting them. Throwing my shirt and pants into the bedside hamper I climbed into the cold bed. Closing my eyes, the darkness overcame.

~~~~~

Julian! Get up! I groaned and rolled over to look at the clock.

"Two hours? Seriously?" I asked aloud. Hiding my face in the pillows I tried returning back to sleep.

Something has changed. You need to get up, now! I jumped out of bed cursing the book that has prevented me from getting any sleep. Throwing on a pair of shorts I blindly stumbled out of the room and down the stairs.

"This better be important." I reached the library and grabbed the book. Tossing it on the table it opened.

That would have hurt if I had feelings you know! I rolled my eyes and pulled the chair out only to plop down.

"Show me." I commanded a bit irritated. The book flipped it's pages and began to create an image. The picture started off small. All I could make out was a slick glossy wood. "No teasing, hurry up I'm tired."

I'm only trying to make this easier for you.

"Why?-" I stopped seeing the full picture. "Wh-who is that?" My heart ached at the sight. There laid a glossy wooden casket with my self standing over it. No answer came. "Who is it?" Silence. "Who's is it!" I yelled desperate for an answer I was dreading to hear.

There is no answer. The book replied quietly. My anger flared. Grabbing the book I chunked it across the room. Swearing, I ran my hands through my hair. Everyone I love popped in mind causing my chest to feel as if it were being squeezed.

"What do you mean there is no answer! That's someone's casket and I need to know who!" I paced back and forth. There was no answer once again only silence. "Who!" I shouted at the book not caring if someone heard me. Seeing I would get no answer I turned around. "Forget it!" I yelled and stormed out of the library. "I'm going to bed." I grumbled. Entering my room I slammed the door closed. As I approached the bed I gritted my teeth. "How did you get in here?" I asked looking down at the book on the pillow.

I'm made from magic, what do you think? Sighing I sat down. My eyes ached and my gut was churning from the recent news.

"Please just explain the picture to me."

Someone will lose their life to save yours.

"Why won't you just tell me who it is so I can prevent it?"

There are so many reasons to why I can't tell you. One being I didn't know who it is. It keeps changing which is strange and very unusual. Secondly if I tell you, you will try preventing their death which in return causes your own and I can't let you die.