A Wounded Heart&A Broken Soul

Julian's pov

~~~

I felt the beast within me hunger for blood as we drew closer to the castle's front lawn. The dawn had approached us blessing us with the warm glow of the sun. The one question that's been bothering me this whole time kept playing in my head. How in the world was Mike able to accomplish getting the girls all the way out to the edge of our territory, passed the guards, run them all over the place, and then manage to get them back to the castle without running into us or any other alpha? It wasn't possible. The run was too time consuming and the girls would have put up a fight or made some kind of noise.

Look! Samuel growled through the link catching my attention. As I scanned the front of the castle I caught the motion of the front door opening. There he was. Mike walked with a large smile on his face, like he had no care in the world. Growling we all sped up. As we passed the large water fountain we rounded it and stopped at the bottom of the stairs. Not caring, we all shifted to our human form.

"Mike this has gone on for too long! Stop this nonsense!" My father called out. This only made Mike chuckle darkly.

"Jace, my old pal, why would I stop when clearly I've already won?" He asked sarcastically. He took a step backwards and placed his hand on the door handle. "I want you to see this, to feel what I felt when you let my mate died. Brian, the girls." He turned the handle and pushed the door open. A man who appeared to be in his late forties with brown hair walked out with the girls who were oddly stiff. They formed a line in front of Mike and the man. My mother was on the left, Jewel in the middle, leaving Roxy on the right. The only sign of them being in danger was the look in their eyes. They flickered over each of us as if they were trying to scream the obvious answer that laid right before our eyes.

"What did you do to them?" Samuel called out, a panic undertone laced his voice.

"Brian is gifted just like miss Jewel here, only he's more experienced. See, telekinesis gifts are really hard to grasp but when you've had training like Brian you learn to control it and then how to master it. Normally this means small objects and then gradually becoming strong enough to control larger objects but Brian surpassed those skills long ago. The key to this plan working is bigger than that and Brian is the only wolf I've been able to find that is able to do what I need. You see, Brian can control humans."

"That's not possible!" Alec spoke out. Mike began to laugh.

"Brian prove them wrong." Brian nodded and looked to the girls. Suddenly Roxy fell forward with a gasp and landed on her hands and knees. She looked tired and weak as she gasped for air.

"Roxy!" I went to run towards the stairs to help her. She looked up and fear laced her eyes.

"No! It's a tra-"

"Brian!" Mike called quickly. Roxy stiffened up, only her eyes told the truth. Something was wrong here. The tears leaked and rolled down her cheeks. She slowly stood up but stayed in place not joining the line. I tried to link her but it was blocked. Mike must have seen my confusion. "Brian is also a shield. Meaning he can also block mental attacks and links. I thought of everything boy, my plan is fool proof." He smugly smirked.

I watched as he slowly walked over to Roxy. He stopped only leaving an inch between himself and her. This made me growl. He looked up to me and smirked once again. "Your little mate nearly gave me away." Softly he ran his hand along her hair only to caress her face.

"Don't touch her. I took a step closer. My father and Samuel growled out as well. Dragon stood beside me and Alec was now no where to be seen.

"Stay where you are boy, I have your world in my hands." My temper rose. I didn't know Roxy well but our bond was already there and strong. She would be mine and I her's. We would get mated, have pups and live a normal life within the kingdom, maybe I'd become an alpha of a pack or maybe even take Alec's job when he retires. Roxy wasn't my world, not yet, but she was my future and I'd be a coward not to fight with everything I have to stop this lunatic. I took another step and growled.