Nerves & Celebrations

Jewels POV

~~~~~

I didn't tell Julian but if I was being honest, I was completely terrified. I know I shouldn't be but I was. What if I wasn't what my parents were expecting? What if I didn't fit in with the kingdom's customs and rules? Would people see me as a weak helpless wolf just because I wasn't trained like a royal?

Question after question flooded my mind causing an avalanche of anxiety in the pit of my stomach. "Jewel?" I opened my eyes to see a worried looking Julian. Currently we were seated across from each other on the private jet. The flight was already half way over.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I smiled. He frowned.

"Jewel I'm nervous and I know for a fact that those emotions aren't mine. What's going on inside that head of yours?" I sighed and sat up straighter.

"I'm just worried."

"Worried about what, Mike? Jewel if you're scared of him don't be. You'll be the most protected person in all of the country." I shook my head.

"I'm not scared of Mike. I'm scared of what mom and dad will think." I whispered the last bit.

"Jewel." He whispered. He got up and sat in the seat beside me. "Mom and dad loves you and nothing could change that. There is nothing to worry about. There's no way any sane person could not love you. You're by far one of the sweetest, most innocent people I've met." He smiled making me smile in return.

"Thanks Julian." He nudged me with his shoulder.

"Anytime." We sat in silence for a few minutes but something inside of me was pulling at me.

"Julian?" He looked up at me something flashed behind his green eyes. "Something is on your mind, what's troubling you?" I asked. He sighed and ran his hands through his already messy hair.

"Do you ever lay there for hours wondering what it would be like if we grew up together? If we actually had a life?" He stopped and looked out the small window. "You'd get a ball for your birthday every year, everyone from everywhere would come to meet you and wish you happy birthday. Alex would have come and you would end up marrying your mate. I wouldn't have been sent to the old castle in protection. I would have went to the academy like the other alpha's sons. I would have had friends maybe even find my own mate." He paused and looked to me. A sadness filled his eyes. He was just as lonely as I was all these years. "We could have grown up best friends, confiding in each other, causing havoc with aunt Maggie and Suzzie, and just living a normal everyday life."

"Yes." I answered with watery eyes. "Yes, I think about that every night." With silence he comforted me by holding my hand.

The rest of the flight passed by with peaceful silence. Each of us trapped in our own thoughts. When the plane began to descend my stomach turned. "I can see mom now." He laughed while releasing my hand. "She crying of course. Come look." I scooted closer to the window and looked out. There stood a group of people.

"Who are they all?" I asked. He pointed to the oldest man of the group.

"That man is our grandfather. King Thomas, before dad took the throne. He's the biggest softy. The woman beside him is Maria. She's like a mother to mom. She and those two women," He pointed to two more older ladies who were identical. "they cook, clean, and will do anything you ask if you give them puppy eyes." He stated chuckling.

"Really?" I asked with a light laugh. He nodded.

"The twins, Suzzie and Maggie, are our great aunts. They may be old but they don't act it. They get in more trouble than a pup. That man there, bald with killer tattoos, that's Dragon. He's the man who practically raised me in the old castle. He's like an uncle. Don't let his quiet personality fool you. He's one of a kind. Oh, he's a softy too. He's the one who helped me find you."