Julian's Return

IMPORTANT: in the last chapter Dragon asked Julian to tell his family he loved them but at the beginning of the book I mentioned how his family had all already died.. I went back to last chapter and fix my mistake! So just to make things clear, Dragon does NOT have any family left. Sorry about the confusion!

Dedicated to STARLING_GEM for guessing the most accurate about Dragon.
~~~

Jewel's pov
~~~

As I stand here I grow sad. The sun is setting casting the last of its light down upon us yet it's barely a few hours past noon. The balcony doors in our room over looks the front of the castle where just a few months ago a tragic event took place. With the passing of our friends, family, and allies, the warm weather went with them. Now instead of dandelion seeds floating about thick heavy snow falls, blanketing the fields.

No matter how beautiful the snow looks in all its sparkling glory I can't forget the images of the battlefield from that day. The smell of metallic blood fills my senses every time I take a walk out in the gardens. Feeling the loss of all those people I open the french doors to the balcony. The chilly air whips throughout the room causing the fire in the fireplace to dance rapidly. Taking my time I walk to the railing, not caring that I have no shoes on to protect my bare feet from the harsh cold.

Looking down I see the newly built statue my father, mate, and brother agreed upon. Where the water fountain once was now stood a large bronze looking wolf. In front of it stood a plaque with the names of every person who gave their life up in defending the castle that dreaded night. We knew we could not make it to every funeral if we all went to them together so we made sure at least one family member made it to every funeral to show our respect and thanks.

There were a handful where we were able to have more than just one or two of us there and then there were a few where we all made it. Roxy's was one of them. If was a beautiful service and many tears were shed. My mother and father met with Roxy's and promised to do all they could to help the pack out. Though it couldn't bring their daughter back they promised to always be there for them if they ever needed anything.

Samuel and I stood by quietly agreeing with my parents. We too would do anything for them. Julian nodded but never spoke. The whole time his eyes never left Roxy's casket. Pain, longing, and guilt ran through his eyes, yet no one mentioned it. Knowing from experience, I find it best to let someone have a grieving period, otherwise the feelings build and turn you into something your not.

Roxy was beautiful in her casket. She looked like an angel. When I whispered that thought to Sam, Julian must have heard me. He made eye contact and I could have sworn I saw him lightly smile but as soon as it appeared it vanished and was replaced by a deep saddening. His eyes became distant and the next thing I know it began to pour outside.

You couldn't see out the church windows due to the down pour. No thunder, no lighting, only rain. The weird thing was there wasn't a cloud in the sky when we first got to the service. When I turned my focus back to Julian I spotted a single tear roll down his face. Feeling like I owed him privacy I turned my attention back to the speaker.

Though I only knew Roxy a few short hours I loved her like a sister. When Jimmy had first took us to Mike I panicked. Roxy's was a rock, a strong foundation on which I could lean on. She calmed me down and promised me that I would be fine, that nothing would happen to me. She gave me hope when I saw none and sparked that flame that made me fight Mike and Brian back. She promised me safety and yet she found none of her own.

I felt a warm tear slide down my cheek pulling me back to the present. Looking back to the statue I'm reminded of Dragon. The wolf statue looks oddly like Dragon's wolf. The only difference was how it was bronze and not gold like his fur. Dragon had grown a soft spot for me when him and Julian first found me. I remember when we first got home and I had Samuel training me. Dragon would come in and help when Samuel had other duties or just needed me to learn other technics that he himself couldn't teach as well. He would always make jokes about how good of a student I am and how I was learning so fast. He once told me that I would get so good at fighting that I'd be able to beat Julian. Of course he only said this as a joke in front of Julian to get him riled up, which happened. By the end of that workout Dragon had Julian pinned down on the mats.