Memories of the Lost

Photo attached is (from left to right) Mike, Jewel, and Alex. Picture Alex younger and lighter hair.

Note: This chapter is in Jewel's POV. Anything written in italics is her past. EVERYTHING ELSE is Jewel's POV from six months ago before she realized who she is. :) enjoy!

~~~~~

"Jewel please come here!" Quickly I rushed to my father's study.

"Yes daddy?" I asked. He sat in his chair. His hair a mess like he'd been awake all night.

"Come here." He patted his leg telling me to sit on his lap. "Sugar it's about that time to leave." He frowned.

"But we just got here!" I pouted. "We can't leave! I have friends here!"

"Sorry but daddy's new job is in another village. You can make new friends there." He said lightly kissing the top of my head.

That was the third time my father made us move out of our home and into a new village just because his job said so. I was only five.

"Jewel!" My dad hollered bursting through the front door.

"Yes?" I asked jumping up from the couch and coming to his aid.

"Go pack right now, we're leaving tonight." He spoke quickly looking out the windows and then shutting them.

"But dad we've only been here for six months?" I stated confused. He ran around grabbing random things and shoving it into a bag. He was scared and that scared me.

"We are leaving tonight, don't argue." He threatened. I nodded and rushed to my room only to cry while trying to cram all my possessions in the large suitcase of mine."

That was the day before my eleventh birthday. That was the eighth time he made us move.

"Chelle!" I called out. My best friend turned around, her long blonde hair flipped over her shoulder. "Wait up!"

"Jewel!" She shouted excitedly. "I thought you weren't going to come. I thought you'd chicken out." She laughed. I smirked.

"Just because I'm the smartest in our grade doesn't mean I can't cut class to have a little fun with my best friend!" I laughed. "Where are we going anyways?"

"Jessie invited us and a couple of his friends to the falls." I nodded and let her lead the way. Jessie was Chelle's mate. They found each other the first day of school. He was only a year older than us.

With it only being a mile or two away from the school we made it there in a few minutes. "Hey babe." Jessie called out as we approached the picnic table him and a few friends were sitting at. Some of the other guy and girls were at the top of the falls about to jump off. "Hey Jewel."

"Hey." She greeted him with a kiss.

"Hey Jessie." Feeling awkward I let them know I was going to the top of the falls. I quickly undressed to where I was only wearing my swimsuit and ran up the mountain till I reached the top. My senses came alive as soon as I reached the edge of the falls. My nose picked up a scent that made me lose focus. I turned around only to catch a glimpse of a golden haired boy run and dive off. I peeked over the edge and watched as he hit the water only to swim back up to the surface and look up at me.

"Well aren't you going to jump?" He yelled up to me. I smiled and backed away from the edge. With all the strength I had I ran and jumped. The wind hit my face as I flew down with such speed. Before I knew it my body hit the water. I let myself sink deep into the depths of the water and after touching the muddy bottom I made my way up to the surface. "Hi." I looked up to see the same boy smiling. His golden hair pushed to the side so he could see. He eyes were a light brown nearly golden as well. He was beautiful.