Identity Check

A/N

If you don't remember what happened to Mike's mate I suggest you go back to Submitting To Him and refresh your memory. The information is in the chapter titled Baby Talks&Baths

~~~~~

Jewel's POV

~~~~~

"Why don't I look like you? What does mom look like? Why is my wolf so much bigger than all the others? Why did you leave your homelands only to travel halfway across the world to live in solitude with me as a baby? Do I have grandparents? If so where are they? If not what happened to them? Why do-"

"Jewel!" My father yelled. "One at a time." He gritted his teeth in frustration.

"Okay. Tell me how mom died." I commanded. He sighed and looked down at his feet. I turned to face him head on. "It best that we get this over and done with." I said impatiently. He looked up and turned in his seat mirroring my position.

"If I tell you I have to start at the very beginning and finish without an interruption." He replied.

"That seems fair enough. Go on." I motioned to him. Running his fingers through his short hair he exhaled loudly.

"I was twenty two when I met your mother. It was the beginning of summer. We met when her pack alpha met with my pack alpha. When my-"

"Wait, you were in a pack?" I asked in disbelief. He glared and crossed his arms like a child.

"I thought we agreed no interruptions?"

"Uh, fine!" I said rolling my eyes.

"When my father met with their alpha I didn't know he would bring his own daughter and that she would be my mate." He paused and let it sink in. My eyes grew wide.

"You're suppose to be an alpha! And mom, mom was alpha female! That's why my wolf is so much bigger than the average! I'm pure alpha! I-" I stopped when I realized I interrupted again. "Sorry."

"She introduced her self as Elizabeth but everyone called her Liza. She was beautiful. She had the thickest dark brown hair I'd ever seen and her eyes. Her eyes were a pale brown almost grey that sparkled in the tiniest amount of light." He daydreamed of his beloved while I sat confused. If she was brown eyed and he was green eyed where did I get my blue eyes? I opened my mouth but then remembered his "no interruption rules". Quickly I shut it and cleared my throat for him to continue.

"Anyways, when our parents found out we were mates they decided to let her stay in my territory. We spent the whole summer together. We fell in love and that was that. Soon we had you and everything was perfect. One day an old friend came down for the holidays. Prince Jacen." My eyes widened once more. My father was friends with the prince? It makes me wonder what else he's keeping from me. "I introduced Liza and Jacen and they seemed to hit it off. About a week had passed and we decided to go for a run. All three of us. That was the day I lost her."

I was looking down at the wooden floors when I realized he paused. I was expecting to see him crying or at least teary eyed but when I looked up at him I didn't see any longing for his mate. The only emotion on his face was pure hatred. I had seen my father mad before, but not like this. His body shook with anger, hate, despise, and that scared me. I began to regret asking him. "Dad, you don't have to continue."

The hatred boiled in his eyes but the scariest part was what happened next. His wild eyes flickered to me and the hatred grew. Flames of emotion grew like someone had added fuel to the fire. I stood up, planning to run to my room. "Sit down!" His voice boomed. Besides jumping from fright I didn't move. "I'm not finished. You wanted to know so I'm telling you. Now sit down." He growled out.