A Ball, A Bash, A Birthday? & Chaos

~PART TWO~

As soon as the music started my parents left their seats to go mingle with their friends. My Godmother and Godfather rushed up to our platform and embraced me.

"Aunt Miranda, Uncle Colton." I greeted them. They weren't our real relatives but they had been our parent's friends for years. We hardly ever saw them. They were young souls in old bodies, always traveling the world, looking for new adventures.

"Julian! You've gotten so big!" Miranda gushed while hugging me tightly. Colton simple shook my hand. "And baby Jewel! You're not a baby anymore!" I watched as she squeezed Jewel. Who is this? Jewel mouthed. I laughed and introduced them.

"Jewel these are our Godparents. Their practically nomads so we don't see them often. Actually, I'm surprised you made it." I said turning to them.

"Well you know my mate, never wanting to miss a family gathering." Colton grumbled. I chuckled fully knowing that he didn't want to come.

"So true honey! What are you two doing up here still? Go down and mingle a bit!" Miranda said joyfully. "We won't keep you any longer! See you kids later!" She grabbed Colton's arm and practically pulled him to the dance floor. I feel bad for him. If I have a mate as crazy as Aunt Miranda I don't know what I'd do.

"Jewel!" My mother approached us. "You and Sam need to go chat with the alphas. Dance and talk with them, get to know them. Being royal has duties to know your kingdom. Go!" She shooed them. Jewel looked nervous while Samuel looked confident besides when he tugged at his tie. I chuckled at the sight causing my mother to frown. "Julian!" I jumped.

"Mother."

"You too, go!"

"But I already know all the alphas."

"I don't care go talk and dance with their wives or daughters. It shows you care for your people." I sighed but obeyed. I searched the room and saw my Uncle Todd talking with Aunt Andy. Quickly I made my way to them.

"Uncle Todd." He turned to see me and smiled.

"Julian! How are you kid?"

"I'd be better if my mother wasn't so insistent that I'd dance with the female population." I chuckled. He laughed and patted my back.

"Well if you did dance you might just find someone worth your time." He winked.

"She's not here." He looked at me confused. "My mate I mean. I don't smell her."

"Maybe she's not here right now. Guest are still filing in."

"Excuse me." A chipper voice sounded from behind me. "Your highness." I turned around to come face to face with a tall blonde. Her blue eyes sparkled as she smiled brightly. She wore I gold dress with matching shoes. I turned and looked at Todd. Be nice! He mouthed. I turned around with a smile on my face.

"Uh hello."

"Hi. Would you like to dance?" She asked lightly bouncing on her toes.

"Isn't the man suppose to ask the lady?" She blushed but batted her eyes trying to look innocent.

"I suppose but I couldn't help but ask. So, would you?" I smiled lightly and accepted only to be nice. Taking her arm in mine I led her to the dance floor. The music started and we began to move fluidly around the other guest. "My name is Kirsty.

"It's nice to meet you Kirsty." I spoke with no real enthusiasm.

"So, have you found your mate yet?" She asked never taking her eyes off me.