Dragon's Past

Pic up top is somewhat how I imagine the castle to look. I love how it also has the lights as I described it in S.T.Him
Onto the story!

〰➰〰➰〰➰〰

After finishing dinner I made my way back up stairs to my room. As I passed by the connecting door in my room I froze. The look on Dragon's face appeared in my head making me feel bad. Sighing I knocked on the door. I waited for a reply but none came. I knocked again. Nothing. Knocking once more I cleared my throat.

"Dragon, can we talk?"

"No." Came his short reply.

"Look I just want to apologize. Open the door."

"No. Go to bed. We have a lot to do tomorrow." I rolled my eyes in frustration.

"You're being childish! Just open the door!" I hollered.

"No."

"Dragon! I-I, I command you to open this door or I'll break it down!" I yelled unsure of myself.

"Oh, I'm scared of the little prince who can't even use an alpha command. I'm shaking in my boots." He said mockingly. Anger boiled beneath my skin.

In training I had perfected everything. I had the best teachers. My mom became one of the most excellent trackers and of course my father could hide from anyone except her. With them I mastered tracking and masking my scent. With Dragon I learned to defend myself. I even managed beating Dragon in a sparring match, but for some reason I couldn't control a simple command.

Dragon was testing me. I could take the easy way and break down the door or do it the hard way and actually command him. I was tempted to just kick it in but the animal side of me wanted to prove that we were capable of this.

"Dragon open this door!" I raised my voice again.

"Kid you're just yelling. You're not even trying to control me. Try again." He said smugly. I could just picture him laying on his bed looking smug with a stupid smirk on his face. This time I concentrated. I imagined him getting up and opening the door.

"Open this door." I said calmly. I listened as his bed squeaked and foot steps approached the door. I smiled. It had worked. Who's the one looking smug now?

"Don't look so smug kid, it didn't work." Dragon said laughing. I banged on the door.

"Dragon!" I yelled. The door opened. Dragon's eyes were a bit bloodshot. He walked over to his bed as I walked over to the small wooden chair and sat down. "Look, I'm sorry. I didn't know. I didn't know you even had a mate and I feel bad about going on and on about the lady down stairs." He sighed and rubbed his bald head.

"Don't be too hard on yourself kid. It was wrong of me to just blow up like that especially since you didn't mean anything by it. I'm just tired and cranky." He cracked a smile and I returned it.

"Dragon I realized that even though we've lived with each other nearly half my life I don't know hardly anything about you." He sighed.

"My life story isn't a bundle joy."

"Neither is mine." I replied causing him to chuckle.

"Okay. When I was a pup my father was very abusive towards my mother and I. I began to teach myself how to fight. As I grew stronger and older I would start taking up for us when he came home angry. One day he just snapped. He tried to kill my mother while I was out of the house. I returned home just in time to save her from his wrath but I couldn't save him from himself."

"What do you mean?" Curiosity burned within me.

"I kept him from killing her but he had gotten mad that I had gotten in the way. He went crazy. He began to attack me and all I could do was fight back. I was angry and had barley shifted a few months before. I didn't know I was gifted either. My emotions were high. He went to hit me, I blocked it and then swung to hit him back." Dragon winced and looked at me straight in the eye. "I snapped his neck with one hit."