A Clue & An Inn

Attached pic- Julian and Dragon.

~~~~~

"Seriously? I don't need a babysitter!" I shouted in frustration.

"Don't use that tone with your mother and I." Father spoke calmly. "Dragon is not a babysitter, he's more of a guard." Rolling my eyes I snorted.

"Yeah right." I muttered beneath my breath.

"Heard that." He spoke again. Turning around I threw up my arms.

"What happened to trusting in me? You said you believed that I would go and find Jewel and bring her back. You sending a watch dog, no offense Dragon, totally says otherwise."

"None taken." Dragon replied with a smile. With a sigh my father slowly made his way to me. Turning my back to him I began to pack a few more things I would need.

"It's not like that, I promise. I just want you to be protected while you're there."

"I see that no matter what I say you will have your way and Dragon will travel with me so I will say no more." It's not that I don't enjoy Dragon's company, I just didn't expect my father to think of me as a child who needed protection. I latched the suit case and made my way outside to the jet.

Goodbyes were never any fun and of course a crying mother wasn't either but I smiled and comforted her. "I'll be back. I promise." I smiled.

"Did I ever tell you how your father and I met?" She asked as I was turning away. I stopped and turned back.

"Mother." I said holding her face lightly. "I've heard the story a hundred times, I've got to go." I laughed and quickly kissed her forehead.

"Oh fine! Bye, I love you."

"Love you." With that I grabbed my bags and began to climb the small steps.

"Julian!" I looked back to her.

"Yeah?"

"Love conquers all, remember that." Confused I nodded and boarded the jet. The flight seemed longer than it should have. I don't know whether it was because of Dragon's snoring or the fact that I couldn't fall asleep. Either way I was aimlessly staring out the window with nothing in sight except for clouds and a large body of water.

"Dragon." I whispered. There was no movement or reply from him. Getting up I walked over to his seat. Standing over him I listened to his heart. I found that it was slow meaning that he was in a deep sleep. Quietly I grabbed his carry on bag and took it back to my seat. Opening it, I found exactly what I wanted. Documents on Mike's locations and the time he spent there. The whole flight I used my time putting the pieces together. I began to draw a time line and realized one major clue that no one else has yet pointed out. "Dragon!" I shouted.

"What?" He jumped up already in defense mode.

"Whoa calm down. There's no threat." He relaxed and sat in the chair across from me.

"I see you went through my things." He pointed down at the papers I tossed to the ground.

"Yeah. Those were no help but these were!" I said holding them out to him. He looked at me with a raised brow. "Take them. Do you see anything strange about these? Anything that doesn't quite make sense?" He looked at every paper but nothing seemed to click.

"Julian I don't see anything of importance here."

"Yeah I know!" I smiled.

"What?"

"Looking at them like this you won't see anything but when put them on a timeline it begins to make a lot more sense." I handed him the paper of the timeline. "See on the first of every other month he's spotted with another figure at the first village, Cathair i Bhfolach. The very next day he's in the second village were the markets are. Throughout the month he visits the rest of the villages on the coast line. But at the end of the month he returns to Cathair I Bhfolach."