[61] Redamancy

Happy One Year Anniversary To The Super Mario Bros. Movie on April 5th, 2023!

You tie the ribbons of your mushroom hat under your chin. 

Peach and Daisy can't help but tease you. "(F/n)'s going on a date!" They giggle.

You roll your eyes, but the reflection in the mirror gives away your expression to the girls in the background. "It's not a date. Bowser just wants to tell me something he couldn't at the ball."

The two look at each other in disbelief. "You're joking, right?" Daisy asks, hand on her hip.

Peach muffles a laugh with her hand. 

"After everything he said and did last night, that might as well have been a love confession!" The brunette exclaims. 

"Knowing him, he'll probably-." 

"Probably what?! He's already asked for forgiveness plenty of times! What else would he want to tell you that's so important?!" Daisy interrupts, feeling a bit frustrated.

You shrug. "I don't know-."

"Exactly!" Daisy points out. "It's obvious he wants you!"

Her loud statement put blushes on your face and Peach's. 

Then, one appears on Daisy's face once she realizes what she said out loud. 

"I think what she's trying to say is... what if it's a proposal?!" Peach squeals, shaking you around.

"It's not a proposal-." You sigh, trying to calm them down.

"But what if it is?!" Daisy continues to fuel the scene they're imagining.

You fold your arms, and they immediately stop at the sight of it. "You two are more delusional than I am."

You three chuckle, which turns into laughter. 

Once it dies down, Princess Peach speaks up. "All joking aside, I think it is something else, not a 'date'. If it was, don't you think this would be earlier in the day? It's almost sundown."

"That is true..." Daisy mumbles. 

The two girls rub their chins, trying to think of what it may be until there is a knock at the door. 

You all panic and scramble into place, with them behind you, as you open the front door of your home and are met with Bowser crouched down so he doesn't hit his head on the low roof of the house. 

"Hi, (F/n)." The man waves his hand, and you do the same as he notices the girls in the back. "And ladies..." 

They greet him and let you go with him. 

You step outside to follow Bowser. Seeing the clown car you both used to travel to the Mushroom Kingdom to retrieve your items and feel excited to embark on another adventure. 

Bowser beckons you to get in, and you comply. You turn to Bowser and curiously ask him, "Where are we going?" 

He only responds with a sly smile and a playful tone, "You'll see." 

The vehicle then flies in the opposite direction, and you feel uncertain about what's to come.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

You and Bowser arrive in the fire flower fields. 

The sun unhurriedly set over the grassy, flower-covered hills, and the flora gradually lit up when they sensed night approaching.