[24] Is Change Possible?

Things were going well...

We were becoming more than acquaintances...

More than master and servant...

This is not what I had imagined when hearing those stories about him...

With that in mind, something terrible dawns on you.

The mission.

The promise you made to Princess Peach to dive deep to find out if Bowser is capable of mass destruction and if change is possible beneath the spiky shell he metaphorically wore.

Although, the answer is as clear as glass.

In the process, you almost completely forget about what you've been told, the things you've witnessed with your own two eyes.

The way the toads panicked in a frenzy whenever Bowser's airship would appear before the kingdom.

How his army has a terrifying grasp on all kingdoms and its fellow citizens.

The power they hold, the power he has. If they wanted to take over the entire world with a blink of an eye, they could without struggle.

Fear is what governs above the rest.

And no one had the power or the courage to stand up against the Koopa Kingdom and its powerful ruler.

Sure, there are more bad guys like the Koopa King mentioned before scattered across the lands, but none compared to the man whom you currently served under.

It feels surreal once you realize this.

What you're here for, what your true intentions are.

One was getting to know him as a person, but the other was to stop Bowser's plans of world domination at all costs.

Not just for everyone but for yourself as well.

And yet, no progress has been made.

What have I been doing all this time?

Playing maid and babysitter?

But I have come to grow a love for the Koopalings in such a short amount of time...

That I have no complaints about.

But if I want everyone to be at ease, including Bowser and all his subjects here in the Dark Lands, I have to play the part of a hero!

Mission first, lovey-dovey eyes at the hot dad later!

TIL THE NEXT CHAPTER! ('')