[16] Mornings Like This

You slowly open your eyes. They are met with the view of the ceiling of your bedroom. 

From my recollections, I fainted on the dining room floor after my last interaction with Bowser...

You sat up and looked around. 

How'd I get here then?

You woke up and drew the curtains, noticing that the sun was about to rise. After stretching a bit, you got ready to start the day. Quietly, you left your room and headed to the kitchen to prepare breakfast, but to your surprise, Bowser was already there, getting the ingredients ready. You don't know how, but he senses your presence and looks up from his work. 

"Morning, (F/n). Did you sleep well?" He greets you, wearing only his black sweatpants and an apron. 

This strangely feels like the morning after a certain occurrence after the wedding night...

You look down at your hands and stare at your palms. 

Do I wield magic and don't know it?!

You look back up and smile. "Yep!" You respond. Before you can ask, the man questions your thoughts upon waking.

"That's a relief because I found you unconscious on the floor after I left." He stops, resting his hands on the counter, and sighs. "I had no choice but to carry you back to your room. I hope you're okay with that."

Him?

Carry?

Me?!

You blush, covering your cheeks with both hands. Feeling your face heat up. "Oh, I'm more than okay~..." You clear your throat. "I mean, thank you for doing so." You bow slightly. "I apologize for it, too. I don't know what happened to me..." You lie with ease, knowing full well what occurred.

"No, it's okay. You did a lot on your first day. You must have collapsed from exhaustion." He comments, cleaning up any mess while prepping. "Take it easy from here on out so that doesn't happen again."

"It's fine! I'm fine! I know my limitations, so don't worry!"

Bowser frowns at your stubbornness, soon brushing it off, not wanting to start an argument early in the morning. 

"But..." You walk up to him, leaning in and whispering, "I wasn't too heavy for you, was I?" You ask, watching if you could tease him, but to your pleasure, you receive something better. 

He scoffs. "As if! Nothing's too heavy for me!" He expresses proudly, flexing his tan muscles, which makes you nosebleed. "You're practically lighter than a feather."

You wipe your nose clean and grin. Noticing he was slowly starting to warm up to you. Your skin heats up again, taking the risk of what you will ask of him since he is already in a good mood. Lifting your hand to him and politely request, "May I..." You gulp. "Feel them..?" 

"Them?" He stops and repeats your words soon after realizing what you were asking. Bowser looks down at his bicep. "Oh, sure..." He flexes his right arm, his muscles hardening. 

Placing your hand on his skin, electricity runs through your body. Feeling the warmth of his flesh against your fingertips, your heart races. You squeeze his arm, sensing his power, and awe washes over you. This is the person you've been admiring from afar, and now that you're up close and personal, you can't help but marvel at his strength. Finding yourself in a trance and occasionally letting out an, "Wow..."

Bowser gulps, having you do what you were doing, then suddenly startled by a child's voice at the entranceway. 

You both stopped what you were doing immediately. 

"Good morning, papa..." Junior rubs his tired eyes and then looks at you with a half-lid smile. "Good morning, (F/n)!" He wants to approach both of you but reads the room before doing so. "Are you guys having a romantic moment?"

"What?!" 

"No!" Bowser exclaims, turning back around to get started on the food. "You must be half asleep still, son." 

"Whatever you say, papa." The child mumbles, sitting down at the table. 

You turn to Bowser and ask him, "Hey, I don't want to be that person, but aren't I the one supposed to be doing these types of duties around here from here on out?"

"Are you mental? I can't have you doing this every single day. You'll get overworked." The man voices, handing you the first made breakfast plate. "We'll take turns." He hands you the second one. "I'm a monster, but not that much." Bowser picks up six plates at once and sets them on the table.

As he does, the rest of the Koopalings join the table after their morning greetings. 

You and Bowser are seated at the head of the long table, flanked on each side by four siblings, just as you were the first time you cooked breakfast together. You take in the scene; you can't help but marvel at Bowser's culinary skills again. The aroma of the delicious food fills the air, and your taste buds tingle in anticipation of the feast to come.

It's an excuse to add another feature you love about him to your list.

TIL THE NEXT CHAPTER! ('')