[18] Close Yet Far

< < < < < < < < < < < < <

Bowser walked away, his heart and mind at odds with each other. Urging him to leave before the night ended. Despite his best efforts, he couldn't resist the overwhelming force that made him turn his head back. As he took a few steps, he took one last look at you. What he saw made him freeze in his tracks.

You had collapsed on the floor.

Feeling a surge of panic, Bowser rushed back to you. He knelt beside your unconscious form, his mind racing with fear and uncertainty. He leaned closer to your face and listened intently for any signs of breathing. A wave of relief washed over him as he heard your faint breaths.

Gently, he lifted you into his arms and cradled you protectively. He carried you to your bedroom, and as he walked, he couldn't help but wonder how he got into this situation.

It was a scenario that would have made you faint again if you were conscious.

Bowser walked into the dimly lit room, taking careful steps as he carried you. Carefully placing you on your bed, making sure not to disturb your slumber. Compared to your usual self, you lie quietly and still, almost like a porcelain doll. He admires the moment's tranquility, but there's also a hint of unease in his heart.

Your chest rises and falls rhythmically. The man watches you for a few more moments, then turns to leave, closing the door behind him. He picks up the flower basket from earlier and heads to his room, feeling content with the day's outcome.

As he walks down the hallway, a smile slowly spreads across his face. Thinking about how you look when you're asleep.

Little does he know what dangers and challenges await him on the path ahead, challenges that will test his strength.

TIL THE NEXT CHAPTER! ('')