Chapter III

•°•○•°◇°•○•°•°•○•°◇°•○•°•°•○•°◇°•○•°•

You were comfortable, sitting criss-cross on a couch at the boarding house, watching the two Salvatore brothers arguing back and forth. That you were enjoying yourself was an huge understatement. You were feasting on the drama that seems to linger between the two brothers. You could almost see the history of problems and grudges between them as they spoke to eachother.

"Damon, you can't just bring someone home and let them stay here. You don't know her.", Stefan huffs, his hands on his hips as he glares at his brother. He had put up a lot for Damon, kept looking the other way and let Damon do what he wants. But this, this was just getting too much for him.

"Why not?", Damon shrugs, pouring two glasses of bourbon before making his way to sit next to me. "You seem to forget this is also my house. I can invite whoever I want, whenever I want." He rests his arms behind you on the couch after he hands you the other glass.

"You just met her.", Stefan repeats, not once looking at me.

"Oh, mother nature.", I lay my head in my hands as I mumble to myself, the two boys arguing further, rather loudly i might say. "Quiet.", I say with a bit more volume, knowing they will hear it no matter, and they did.

"Look, Stefan wasn't it? Yes, your brother and I don't know eachother for that long. And yes, I'm a complete stranger.", I nod along my words, before taking a sip of my drink.

Damon lifts an eyebrow. "And?"

I look between them, noticing their questionable glances. "Oh. That's it. I just wanted a moment to recap. Make sure we're all on the same page. Go on. Continue.", I wave my hands for them to continue, going back to sip my drink.

Damon snorts, shaking his head while Stefan just blinks at me. He turns back to his brother, going back to ignore my presence. Well, I don't like you that much too.

"Look. Just, tell me why she has to say here.", Stefan stares at Damon, raising a single eyebrow as he crosses his arms.

"I can't let her life on the streets.", Damon says in mock-concern.

I turn my head to him in confusion, mumbling along as he speaks. "I sleep in the forest."

"-Let her life there all alone. At night. With nothing to protect herself against danger."

"I have made some friends with the squirrels there. They keep an eye out at night.", I mumble with a huff. Offended he would thinks I can't make more friends. Or that I couldn't protect myself. I'm a fairy, not a worthless elf.

"Have a heart, Stefan.", Damon ends his speech with his hand over his heart, placing his other hand over my mouth before I could respond again.

I narrow my eyes to glare at him, cursing him in my head. Stefan's eyes, finally, land on me. He stares weirdly at me and Damon as he takes in our position and the unusual smile on Damon's lips. He never saw Damon act so naturally with anyone. Actually, he never saw Damon hang out with a real friend. So, this was very strange for him.

"Did you compell her?", the question rolls out of his mouth without thinking.

The smile that was one Damon's face falls of the second those words were muttered. "What are you talking about, brother?", Damon tightens his hands in a fist.