Chapter X

I just want to thank everyone
for the 8k+ reads! I never thought it will reach that high.
So, thank you all so much!
Next chapter is already in
the works. And will be out soon!
Enjoy this chapter!
♡♡♡♡♡
_____________________________

The sacrifice
Episode 10, season 2
| Part I |

•°•○•°◇°•○•°•°•○•°◇°•○•°•°•○•°◇°•○•°•

At the Gilbert Residence........

I had stayed the night at Elena's. I wasn't feeling like going back to the Salvatore Boarding House yet. And when Elena kindly offered me a place to stay, well, who was I to decline.

Stefan had decided to stay a bit longer aswell. The three of us found our way to the couch with the tv turned on some random movie. Elena stayed close to me during the movie, still needing some comfort and I happily abliged to be the one giving.

I don't know when or how it happened, but I can say with confidence that Elena and I have become good friends. Yes, you heard it right, I have made another friend.

Halfway in the movie Jeremy had joined us, accompanied by a bucket of popcorn to my and Elena's delight. He placed himself on the ground away from us, but I guess it meant a lot from the way elena's face lighted up when he joined us.

Stefan and Jeremy watched in amusement as Elena and I had taken the bucket of popcorn for ourselves, occasionally hitting their reaching hands away, while we inhaled the snack.

"They have fallen asleep.", Jeremy softly mutters a few minutes later, while his attention was on the movie rolling on the tv.

Stefan looks over, his lips tugging up at the sight next to him. The girls had indeed fallen asleep. Elena's head was resting on my shoulder, as her hands were wrapped around my arm. Mine head had rolled over and was resting on top of Elena's, with one hand still in the empty bucket of popcorn. Soft breathes leaving us two.

Stefan quietly reaches over and softly picks my hand out of the bucket. He grabs a blanket and quietly layes it over the sleeping two. "I should go home. I have some to things to take care of.", Stefan quietly mumbles to Jeremy.

Jeremy nods before yawning. "Yeah, it's time for me to sleep aswell." He stands up, stretching his arms over his head. "If you decide you want to stay you could take the chair.", Jeremy quietly suggests, before walking away without waiting for a respond.

Stefan sighs, sinking back into the couch for a second. A door closed upstairs, signalling Jeremy had made his way to his bedroom.

Stefan slightly jumps in his seat as Faye's head softly falls on his shoulder. He looks over and sees Elena laying against the armrest, hugging a pillow between her arms as she sleeps.

He turns to look down at Faye. Without a thought he reaches up and brushes some hair out of her face. Faye subconsciously leans into his touch, cuddling more into his side. Stefan quietly chuckles as he watches her cuddle up to him in her sleep, it reminding him of how she always seeks out physical touch and practically melts into it when received.