Chapter XIII

'By the light of the moon'
Episode 11, season 2
| Part II |

•°•○•°◇°•○•°•°•○•°◇°•○•°•°•○•°◇°•○•°•

Elena's bedroom............

"Forgive the intrusion. I mean your family no harm.", Elijah somewhat apologies. He walks around the room, his eyes gazing over the little trinkets, photo's, everything that speaks Elena. I watch him, the former nervousness gone as I turn protective.

"Ah, of course. Nothing threatening about a so many century old vampire invited in your house.", I hum as I plop myself next to Elena on her bed. "Right?", I tilt my head as I stare into the eyes of the said vampire.

Elijah hums, a small smile playing on his lips as he does so.

"Why did you kill those vampires when they tried to take me?", Elena questions after a beat of silence, breaking the little staring contest between Elijah and me.

"Because I didn't want you to be taken. Klaus is the most feared and hated of the Originals, but those that fear him are desperate for his approval. If word gets out that the doppelgänger exists, there'll be a line of vampires eager to take you to him and I can't have that."

"Isn't that exactly what you're trying to do?", I nod along to Elena's question, not seeing that much of a difference with his plan.

"Let's just say that my goal is not to break the curse.", Elijah says.

"So, what is your goal?", Elena asks.

"Klaus' obsession has made him paranoid. He's a recluse. He trusts only those in his immediate circle.", Elijah tells us, not really giving a solid answer. But hey, what else can you expect from him?

"Like you?", Elena questions.

"Not anymore.", Elijah says with a shake of his head.

"You don't know where he is, do you?", I question, catching on his actual plan. "You're going to use Elena to draw him out?" Elena's head shoots to me, baffled. She did not came to that conclusion just yet.

"Well, to do that I need her to stay put and stop trying to get herself killed.", Elijah furthers on, giving Elena a look.

Elena ignores his look. "How do I know you're telling the truth?"

"If I wasn't being truthful, all your family would be dead and I'd be taking you to Klaus right now. Instead, I'm here and I'm prepared to offer you a deal."

"Didn't beat around the Bush, huh?", I breathe out with a chuckle at his forwardness.

"What kind of a deal?", Elena asks, gettin a bit suspicious.

"Do nothing.", Elijah tells her. "Do nothing, live your life, stop fighting and then, when the time is right, you and I shall draw out Klaus together and I shall make sure your friends remain unharmed.", he continues.

I bite my lip in thought. He definitely knew how to make it all sound so peachy, making it seem like the perfect deal. But then again he didn't really explain what happens next, you know after the big bad vampire was in town.

"And then what?", I question quite impatiently and maybe a bit rudely. I was done with his little vague act. I wanted some full, clear answers from him, without all the charming talk. Elena turns to me wide eyed, worried I might have offended him and the deal was off.