Chapter XV

'The descent'
Episode 12, season 2
| Part II |

•°•○•°◇°•○•°•°•○•°◇°•○•°•°•○•°◇°•○•°•

Salavtore's Boarding House........

I left Rose in Elena's care as I needed time to prepare for the enchantment. Normally, I would have a bit more time to practice so the blow wouldn't be so hard on me. Using your magic to mend a wound as far as Rose's would need a lot of energy, almost all of my magic.

I was outside in the backyard, sitting criss-crossed in the grass, meditating. I know, it's cliche. But I needed to be fully connected to my magic. And what better way than to do it with the source of magic itself, nature.

I could hear the grass crinkle as footsteps near me. "Very stereotypical of you.", Damon sighs out with a chuckle.

I crack one eye open and see him sitting next to me, staring straight forward. "I have to keep up the image, don't I?", I answer back with a small smile.

Silence filled the air, but then again it's never truly quiet. The singing of the wind was alway there, rustling through the trees and leaves. "I heard you have a plan?", Damon speaks up after a second, his voice soft as the serene scenery seems to have an effect on him too.

"I do.", I answer, my eyes still closed. Damon turns his head, his eyes gazing over the side of my face, following along the curve of nose to my lips and back up.

"Will it work?", he questions just as I open my eyes and turn to look at him. His breath hitch in his throat. The light of the moon falls, like a veil cascading down on my face, giving me an ethereal appearance.

"I'm hoping it does. I won't stop until it does." I go to stand up, feeling like I have been outside long enough, but a hand stops me.

"Is there a cost?", Damon asks me, concern swimming in his eyes. He know how it works with witches, there is always a cost. Especially for something I'm trying to achieve, going against the balance and what not.

My gaze switch between his eyes, I try to keep my face as neutral as I can while I think of an answer. I could tell him the truth. Tell him it would hurt me. That I will basically infect my magic, transfer the infection from Rose into my magic and fight against it myself. Tell him there is a possibility it could kill me. I should tell him, just in case this will be the last time I get to talk to my vampy.

But I don't. Instead I chose to lie. Chose to keep it for myself and not worry him more. "No. Our magic is different than the one you know of."

I stand up when his hand fell down. "You coming?", I question him after brushing the dirt of my legs.

"Yeah, yeah.", Damon mumbles, before standing up. Right as he was standing, he slings his arm over my shoulder. "You ready to dance?", he asks me with raised eyebrows, and his usual smirk adorning his face.

A small smile tuggs at my lips as I take a second to take the sight in. "As ready as I can be." Damon gives me a smile before we start to make our way in. I may have walked a bit slower then normal that moment.

•••••••••

I enter the bedroom, Damon not far behind, and walk up to Rose. Trevor immediatly took a step back from the bed at my entrance, making space for me to do my thing.

"Hi, there.", I softly greet Rose. I grab ahold of her hand, immediatly a golden glow emits from our joined hands.

"I formed a bond between us.", I explain as I see the question in her eyes. "It is only temporary, but it will help me locate how far the infection has spreadnand tell me how much your body will handle."