Chapter XII

'By the light of the moon'
Episode 11, season 2
| Part I |

•°•○•°◇°•○•°•°•○•°◇°•○•°•°•○•°◇°•○•°•

Gilbert Residence........

You know what? I'm a nice fairy. I haven't hurt anyone for days, not even schemed a little. I have literally been on my best behaviour these past few days. And when I decided to be even nicer and help protect the Gilbert girl, what do I get? Grounded. I'm fucking grounded. How is that fair?

I was sitting on the windowsill in Elena's bedroom. Softly poking my finger out the window, trying to find a weakness in the invisible barrier Bonnie put around the house. A stupid, annoyning, unwanted barrier I couldn't seem to break or even alter a bit no matter how hard I poked at it.

"Now that you've got this back, what are you gonna do with it?", Elena questions Bonnie as she fiddles with the moonstone in her hand. I slightly turn my head to listen to them, still sneakily poking at the barrier.

"Right now, it's what is binding the Sun and the moon curse. If I can figure out a way to remove the spell from the stone, the stone becomes useless.", Bonnie explains while eyeing Elena. Luckily her back was to me and even if she looked over to me my hand would be hidden by my body. So I was safe to investigate.

"And according to Katherine, Klaus becomes vengeful.", Elena mumbles.

"Maybe. If he finds out.", Bonnie lightly shrugs, ignoring Elena's tone.

"Bonnie, can't this wait?", Elena sighs out. "Stefan is stuck in the tomb with Katherine. We've got to get him out.", she continues. Hearing of Stefan's predicament my hand slowly falls down, away from the window. I hated the fact he was stuck in the cave with Katherine of all people. And I hated the fact I was stuck here, being 'grounded', and not there with him, so my presence could make it a bit more pleasant for him.

"Stefan wants me to focus on this.", Bonnie retorts.

Elena scoffs, shaking her head. "Don't listen to him. He thinks that he's protecting me, but he's wrong."

Bonnie doesn't budge. "I'm taking Stefan's side with this one. We're not gonna let you get used in some creepy sacrifice ritual.", she tells Elena with a definite shake of her head.

"I'm with her on that one.", I point over my shoulder to the witch without turning. Elena huffs in defeat. I quietly chuckle under my breath, finding her annoyance quite amusing this moment. It was her fault for dragging me in this mess anyway.

Jeremy walks into the room. "What are you guys arguing about?", he questions. He looks over to me on the windowsill and raises his eyebrows as he notices my finger poking at nothing outside the window. But he knows it's not nothing.

"We're not arguing about anything.", Bonnie simply says. She puts the stone in her bag, putting on a real show while doing it. I roll my eyes as their plan becomes quite obvious.

"I need a coffee.", Bonnie announces. She stands up and stops just at the door. "Don't you want a coffee, Faye?", Bonnie questions in a weird tone.

I scrunch my nose, already disgusted by the idea. "Oh mother nature, no.", I shake my head and turn to her. Bonnie's eyes lower, her face turning a bit scary. I follow her eye and find my finger frozen in the air out of the window. Well, there goes me sneaking about.

I gulp as I look back over at her. "On another thought coffee would be delicious.", I jump up and almost run out of the room. Bonnie sighs, exchanging a look with Jeremy before following after me.