Chapter XXII

'The House Guest'
Episode 16, season 2
| Part I |

•°•○•°◇°•○•°•°•○•°◇°•○•°•°•○•°◇°•○•°•

Salvatore Boarding House..........

You once woke up with that annoying ringing in your ear, following you around all day, making you want to rip out your own hair..... Well, I have. It even has a name, Katherine.

Every room I walk in, every corner I turn she was there, ready to get under my skin and annoy me to dead.

And even worse, possibly the worst betrayal ever. But Damon was here aswell.... in the house... doing mother nature's know what. I tried to put him on babysitting duty but every time I step into a room he was in he would speed away, leaving me alone with the damn woman.

"Hmmm....", Katherine humms for the tenth time as she stares at the fairy, trying to gain my attention for hours.

"What?", I hiss after taking a deep breath. I glare at her from over the rim of the book I was so happily reading.

"I'm bored.", she states.

I roll my eyes. "And that is my problem how?", I question, dully.

Katherine huffs. "I don't know. Just entertain me. There has to be something we could do.", she whines before plopping on the couch next to me.

"-Pretty please?", she pushes her bottom lip out, leaning closer to me.

I narrow my eyes, my patience now practically gone. Look had she been less annoying I would have been nice to her under the circumstances. But as she wasn't.... I would not be nice.

"Sure.", I shrug, quickly jumping up and walking away.

"Are you coming?", I yell over my shoulder as I dissapear around the corner.

Katherine blinks before scurrying after me. "Where are we going?", she questions, confused but curious none the less.

"You will see.", I vaguely explain as I walk up the stairs. Once upstairs I walk into one of the rooms, not scowling my step. Katherine follows right behind me.

"I didn't knew you swing this way, fairy.", she slyly states, slowly trailing her fingers on the bed as she looks me up and down.

Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew........

I swallow back the gag, and try to give her a smile but it was more a grimace. "One moment. I forgot something.", I hold up my finger, before turning back to the door.

The door closes behind me with a click, before the sound of the lock being turned could be heard.

"Hey?!", Katherine's muffled reply follows.

"Pfftt... That should buy me some time.", I mutter before making my escape out of the house, hoping the doppelgänger won't be able to follow me this time.

"Have fun.", I shout to Damon as I sprint out off the door.

Damon blinks, confused. A bang upstairs could be heard before the Petrova girl stood above the stairs, annoyance practically rolling off her. Damon curses the fairy under his breath as he now understand it. It was his time to babysit, and he couldn't get out of it anymore.

••••••••••

After a good two hours away, having been in the forest, taking a lovely stroll and catching up with some of my friends. I decided it was time to go back to the Boarding House. I was a bit curious if maybe, you know maybe, the doppelgänger has a stake in her heart.....