Part 6

On a rainy afternoon, Hayder received a call from Inayat 'Beta, Naaziya abhi tak nahi aayi. Maine Sohaib ko bola tha laane ko but abhi wo phone nahi utha raha. Tum dekhoge? Baarish bahut ho rahi hai'.

'Chachi, aap pareshan mat ho, main dekhta hu' Hayder reassured her. He hurriedly made his way to Sohaib's cabin but found him busy with a client. 'Can I talk to him for a min?' Hayder asked and signaled Sohaib to step outside for a moment.

'Naaziya ko lene kaun gaya hai?' he asked and got the answer by Shohaib's horror stricken face 'Bhai...wo client meeting extend ho gayi thi to bhool gaya....ma..main abhi jata hu' he stammered seeing the anger in Hayder's eyes.

'Rehne do..main jaa raha hu' Hayder said and rushed towards the parking lot, only to be stopped by Sameer.

'Bhai aapki meeting hai 15 min mein'.

'To kya karu Naaz ko baarish mein bheegne du. Meeting tum sambhal lena' he replied.

'But bhai unko aacha nahi lagega aap nahi honge to...they are important clients' Sameer tried to convince him.

'NOTHING IS IMPORTANT THAN NAAZ' Hayder almost yelled at Sameer. 'Bhai...calm down...She will be ok. I will go and get her' Sameer suggested. 'NO...I will go. Agar wo bheeg gayi hogi to fever aa gaya hoga usse. I will be at peace on seeing her' Hayder insisted knowing Rafia's reaction if she found out Sameer again went for Naaziya. Sameer smiled and nodded.

Hayder arrived at the college but didn't find Naaziya outside. He decided to enter through the college gate. The campus was deserted due to the semester break. He meticulously searched through all the classrooms until he finally spotted her, peacefully asleep with her head resting on the desk. A sense of relief washed over Hayder as he approached her.

Unable to tear his gaze away from her serene face, he sat beside her, gently resting his head on the desk to face her. He found himself captivated by her beauty, staring at her in awe.

As he sat there, memories flooded his mind, transporting him down the lanes of the past where her presence had always been a soothing balm. When she was just 8 years old, her adorable antics had the power to divert his mind from the pain and stress he endured after his father's passing.

Then, at the age of 12, when he took over the company, his days grew long and arduous. Yet, she was there, always awake to offer him a head massage, easing him of his tiredness and burdens.

By the time she turned 18, she declared herself an adult, proclaiming her love for coffee. She insisted on sharing a cup with him, engaging him in lively conversations about their cousin's amusing escapades. He knew she did it because he was consumed by work, and she wanted to ensure he remained connected to his family. Even now, she would stubbornly advocate for the demands of their cousins, not because she craved it, but because she wanted to shield him from their disapproval. They understood each other better than anyone in the family. It was an unspoken bond between the youngest and the eldest, a bond that provided them with solace and refuge in one another.

As he gently brushed her hair away from her face, she stirred from her slumber. Her eyes fluttered open, and upon feeling his touch, she smiled warmly, seeing him there by her side.

'Hayder, aap kab aaye?' she asked slowly. 'Bas abhi aaya, but tum so rahi thi to jagaya nahi'. She got up and extended her hand for him; he smiled and held it getting up.

Naaziya was admiring the rain, tracing the droplets that fell on window glass. 'Tum college kyu aayi thi? Exams to khatm ho gaye hai naa'

'Haan, wo mera project bahut aacha laga professor ko to wo bol rahe the to create a whitepaper on same topic. Wo publish hone ke liye submit karenge'

Hayder was impressed, though she was the only one, he was not strict for studies, but still she always exceled. 'Good, to iss baat pe meri taraf se ice-cream treat'.

**

Hyder had ordered Naajiya's favorite banana caramel ice-cream, while he treated himself to an espresso. His tall 6'2" frame and well-built physique were enough to make any girl swoon, and the rain-kissed messy hair only added to his already captivating looks. Naajiya couldn't help but notice how girls stole glances at him, and it bothered her.

'Aap kuch slow coffee nahi pee rahe' she said, irritated.

'Kya hua? Gussa kyu ho. Ab kya kiya maine' he asked, unaware of his actions that upset her.

'Aapko pata hain naa, sab ladkiya aapko ghoor rahi hai; isiliye itna style maar rahe hai' she retorted, her annoyed expression earning a chuckle from him.

'Ab kya karu; main hu hi itna smart' he teased.

'Smart my foot!!'

'Main smart nahi hu??'

'Ahhhhh, ho aap smart' unable to lie 'but jab pata hai can you tone down your body or wear bigger shirts.'

He found her comments amusing 'tumko kyu farak pad raha hai? Dekhne do jisko dekhna hai'

'Ji nahi. Aap koi public property nahi hai jo koi bhi ghoorega' she argued.

He laughed at her response, 'Chalo, warna kal se mujhe burkha pehen ke nikalne ko bologi'

The banter between them continued, filled with humour and warmth, as they enjoyed their ice-cream and coffee, savouring each other's company.