Part 14

For almost a week now, Naaziya had been persistently hovering around Hyder. She had openly announced her intentions to everyone, and while there was skepticism, nobody intervened. Areeb and Inayat became selfish; they witnessed their daughter's happiness after weeks of distress. They also noticed that Hyder wasn't vehemently pushing her away, giving them a glimmer of hope.

As they were set to depart for Switzerland that day, the elders opted to remain behind to prepare for the upcoming wedding. Taking his seat in the centre row, somewhat distanced from the others, Hyder suddenly heard an "Ouch."

"Sorry, Shafa Appi, but this seat is taken," Naaziya said, taking seat next to Hyder. Shafa cast a hopeful look at Hyder, while he shot a annoyed glare at Naaziya. Undeterred, Naaziya put on her headphones, making her intentions clear. Irritated, Hyder stood up and said to Shafa, "Take my seat," before moving to a different row, seeking some distance from this ongoing tussle.

**

In the hotel lobby, everyone was waiting for Naaziya, and Zain's gaze got fixed on a particular sight. He spotted Naaziya dressed in a purple satin saree and he playfully cheered, 'Ohhooo' drawing everyone's attention towards her. Standing before Hyder, she asked, 'Kaisi lag rahi hu main?'.

'Pata hai kahan jaa rahe hai?'  Mobeen snapped angrily, still disapproving of his sister's attempts to win over Hyder.

'Haa bhai, aapko pata hai wahan pe Kajol ne aisi hi saree pehen ke dance kiya tha. Main bhi waise reels banaungi' she chirped, her focus still on Hyder as she raised her eyebrows, awaiting the response she had asked for a moment ago.

Hyder rubbed his temple, trying to figure out his response, and then sighed in a somewhat defeated manner. 'Chalo'. He walked away with Shafa, making Naaziya scrunch her nose at the sight.

They were on top of Europe, Jungfraujoch, Naaziya was busy making reels with Zain and Shoaib, but she seemed quite cold. Rafia nudged Sameer, signaling to look in Naaziya's direction, which also caught Mobeen's attention. They noticed Hyder walking towards Naaziya, and he took off his coat to put it on her. 'Thand lag jayegi, isse pehen lo' he said kindly. Naaziya's grin was as if she had won a World Cup.

However, before he could step away from her, Mobeen grabbed the jacket from Hyder and returned it to him. He then draped his own jacket over Naaziya. 'Aapke kissi cheez ko jaroorat nahi hai meri behen ko'  Mobeen said through clenched teeth. Hyder nodded in understanding and walked away to Shafa, while Naaziya muttered curses under her breath.

**

'Rafia Bhabhi, kya karu main?' Naaziya whined. 'Aapne jo bola tha sab kiya, but wo to abhi bhi nahi badle'

'Tumne kya socha tha, Bhai Sharukh Khan hai. Jo tumhe saree mein dekhenge aur peeche violin bajne lagega' Sameer laughed at Naaziya and Rafia. Rafia gave a deadly glare to him 'Agar kuch madad nahi kar sakte to jao apne room mein'

'Kuch aacha idea banao...aise bhai nahi pighal rahe' Sameer teased before moving out of the room.

'Lagta hai final vaar karna padega' Rafia said with villainous smirk. 'Remember the dress we bought before we came' Rafia asked with mischievous glint. Naaziya blushed, 'But Hyder gussa to nahi honge?' She asked innocently.

'Ekbaar Hyder aapke ho gaye...tab wo thoda na mind karenge'

**

Hyder stood in front of Naaziya's room, the door ajar. His breath was heavy, his heart racing as he rushed back to her room after hearing her cries over the phone.

The room was dimly lit, with faint lights emanating from the balcony. He moved towards the balcony and discovered a table adorned with flowers and candles. When he turned around, he found Naaziya standing there, a shy smile on her lips. However, upon a second glance, his emotions turned to anger. She was wearing a bodycon dress, tighter and more revealing than her usual attire. The neckline plunged deep, exposing her cleavage and more.

He took purposeful strides towards her, his grip on her arms firm. 'Ab ye sab karogi tum' he whispered harshly. His anger simmered just beneath the surface.

She met his intense gaze and instantly regretted her decision. 'Main tumhe kuch bola nahi kyunki tumhe mana kar paane ki himmat nahi hai mujhme. Par mujhe pata nahi tha uska ye nateeza dekhna padega mujhe. Apni zidd ke liye, iss hadd tak gir jaogi. Ye meri Naaz to nahi ho sakti.' His words trailed off as he pulled her away, leaving her room, and her heart, empty.

As she fell to the ground, the weight of her actions hit her hard. She realized she had crossed a line. In his eyes, she had witnessed a new emotion – disgust. Her heart sank like a stone in her chest, and a feeling of emptiness consumed her.

Swiftly changing her outfit, she still felt exposed, as if her vulnerability was on display for the world to see. The clothes felt suffocating, and she stepped out, her breaths shallow and unsteady. She walked without any particular destination in mind, lost in her thoughts and the weight of her actions. Time seemed to blur as she walked for what felt like an eternity.