Part 27

Naaziya was wandering in the garden, kicking stones in her path, her frustration palpable. Hyder had not even glanced at her since she had thrown him out of her room.

"Problem kya hai inki. Gussa hu inse, yeh thode nakhre bhi nahi she sakte. Pata nahi kya soch kar inko confess kar diya maine, izzat hi khatm ho gayi meri. Pehle to bada aage peeche rehte the, saari baat bhi maante the," she angrily muttered to herself.

Sohaib joined her, putting his arms around her shoulder in a comforting gesture. "To Bhabhi jaan, aap bhi to unse aise jhagda nahi karti thi. Aapki bhi awaaz nahi nikalti thi unke saamne," he pointed out.

Naaziya glared at him, pushing away his arm. "Bhaiya ke chamche, bhai se bachana ho to 'Nazzo..Nazzo'...waise Bhaijaan...Hypocrite," she scoffed, stomping her feet and moving away.

She entered the house and saw Farheen heading toward Hyder's study. She felt a surge of tension and sprinted toward the study to prevent Hyder from being alone with Farheen. While Farheen might no longer pose a physical threat, she could still traumatize him by reminding him of the past. She flung open the door, only to find Salma already present in the room, with Farheen handing her a ringing phone. Hyder was looking at his mother, irritation evident in his eyes.

Naaziya's sudden entrance caused everyone to snap their heads toward her with frowns. She was panting and appeared pale. Salma asked with concern, "Naaz, sab khairiyat?" Hyder also looked concerned, but then he seemed to realize something, and a warm smile spread across his face. Farheen, on the other hand, looked at Naaziya with a mixture of anger and disgust.

Naaziya froze upon seeing Hyder's radiant smile, which in turn brought a smile to her face, melting away their recent differences. Salma cleared her throat to regain their attention, and Naaziya blushed while Hyder redirected his focus to his mother.

"Main baad mein aati hu," Naaziya said timidly, making Hyder smile at her shyness.

Naaziya followed Farheen until they were alone and then addressed her, "Tayi ammi."

Farheen turned around; her expression annoyed. "Kya hua?" she replied sharply.

"Aap abse Hyder ke room mein nahi jayengi," Naaziya declared firmly.

Farheen looked surprised but quickly masked it with a sly smile. "Aur tum kaun hoti ho, mujhe mere ghar mein rokne wali?"

"Main aapko ghar mein nahi rok rahi, bas mere shauhar ke paas mat dikhiyega," Naaziya warned with a steely tone.

Farheen scolded her, "Bahut zabaan nahi chal rahi tumhari. Bado se aise baat karte hai."

"Sahi kaha, zaban bahut chalti hai. Kahin jyada chal gayi to saare raaz khol degi," Naaziya warned, starting to leave. But then, she turned back toward Farheen and added, "Aur main Bade Taya ji aur Hyder nahi hu, mujhe ghanta farak nahi padta, ghar tut bhi jaaye to. Aisa haal karungi ki aap apne bacho se bhi nazar nahi mila payengi," her words dripping with anger. Farheen looked shocked but knew better that these were not empty threats.

Naaziya was resolute in her determination to protect Hyder, making it clear that she wouldn't tolerate any interference from Farheen.

***

Naaziya was sitting on the swing in the garden, scrolling through her phone as she searched for her wedding outfit. She was engrossed in her task when she heard a familiar deep voice, "Shaadi ka joda Sasural se aata hai."

"Pata hai mujhe, par mere sasural mein koi meri baat nahi taalta," she replied with a smirk, not missing a beat. "Aur mere shauhar to meri muthi mein hai."

Hyder chuckled at her comment and agreed, "Wo to hai."

He then reached out, taking her hand and intertwining their fingers. With a sigh, he confessed, "Kabhi khwab mein bhi nahi socha tha hum aise bathe honge saath mein."

In a surprising move, she gave him a quick peck on the lips, saying, "Khwab mein nahi asliyat mein hum aise hai."

Hyder was taken aback by the sudden kiss, his heart racing. He quickly recomposed himself and continued, "Naaz, I know main galat kar raha hu, but mujhe physical proximity se accustom hone mein time lagega." He noticed her eyes dulling with guilt and sadness, so he immediately corrected himself, "I meant, it's not like mujhe nahi aacha lagta what you do, but I am unable to reciprocate it. I might need some time."

Naaziya let out a sigh of relief and once again pecked his lips, saying, "Koi nahi, main aapke hisse ki pappi jhappi kar lungi." But all he could do was shake his head at his fiancée's antics, appreciating her understanding and patience.

***

I know it has been long and the chapter is way too short for it. But I am struggling, working with just one hand. It's really frustrating and the hand with cast is always itching...It feels that I have been infected by pests in that hand !!!     

4 more weeks to go!!

Wish that I have enough patience to continue with cast without removing it myself