Part 15

'Kya hua tha? Naaziya theek to hai naa?' Shafa asked, her concern evident in her voice.

Hyder had been making an effort to spend more time with Shafa, ensuring her comfort and peace of mind. He had been transparent about Naaziya's actions with Shafa, but today, he was lost in his thoughts not sure how to tell Shafa about it. Shafa nudged him once again to gain his attention. 'Ya, she is fine. I think she will stop now' he replied absentmindedly, his mind still preoccupied. 'Hyder kuch hua hai kya?' Shafa again asked.

Not wanting to discuss further, Hyder gave a reassuring smile 'No, everything is fine. Let's go shopping'.

As they strolled through the market, Hyder's phone rang, and it was Sameer on the line.

'Bhai Naaz aapke saath hai kya?' There was a hint of worry in Sameer's voice.

'Nahi, kya hua?'

'Kuch nahi bhai. Idhar hi kahi hogi. Wo mobile room mein bhool ke kahi ghoom rahi hai. Hum dekhte hai.'

Hyder tried to remember her face when he left but in anger he did not even glance at her. He has no idea in which state he left her. Hyder's concern grew, 'Wapas chalte hai, Ek baar Naaz se baat karni hai'

Shafa could sense the worry on Hyder's face and nodded in agreement. Back at the hotel's lobby, they were met by a concerned Sameer and Zain.

'Bhai, 2 ghante se jyada ho gaya hai; Naaz abhi tak nahi lauti. Kissi ke paas card transations ke messages nahi hai, aur uske paas cash bhi nahi hai. Wo aise kahan chali gayi' informed worried Sameer.

'Tum log police ko inform karo, shayad CCTV se track kar paye. Main bahar dhondta hu.' Hyder suggested.

Taking the car, he began his search, knowing Naaziya's affinity for water bodies. He checked the various lakes in the city, his heart heavy with anxiety. Finally, after an agonizing hour, he spotted her sitting on a bench by a lake. She appeared lost, disconnected from her surroundings.

He quickly informed Sameer and then sat down beside her.

'Naaz' he called softly. She turned to look at him, her expression filled with a bittersweet smile.

'Kitni sundar jagah hain aa. Hum pata nahi kyu pehle yahan nahi aaye' she said softly.

'Hum phir se aa jayege; aur agli baar jyada din rahenge...ok?' he assured.

'Nahi, hum yaha phir nahi aayenge. Bas aaj mann bhar kar yahan rahenge, phir kabhi nahi dekh rahe isse'

Hyder understood the implication behind her words but chose not to press the matter.

'Aaj humne jo kiya uske liye hum sharminda hai, ho sake to humne maaf kar dijiyega.' a tear escaped her eye 'Aur aap humari zidd nahi the...mohabbat hai'

Hyder was about to explain, but she stopped him. 'Hum samjhte hai. Aage se hum aapko kabhi pareshan nahi karenge. Please ab iske baare mein baat mat kariyega, hum sharminda honge'

Hyder understood that she was regretting her actions so not wanting to embarrass further he said 'Chale, sab tumhara wait kar rahe. Unhe koi aacha restaurant mila hai'

The remaining days went with Naaz keeping her distance from Hyder and Shafa. She was smiling like always but the twinkle in her eyes seem to have faded.

**

Naaziya was sleeping in her mother's lap when Areeb approached with a few papers in his hand. He sat beside her, holding her hand gently, and spoke softly.

'Tumhare saare documents ready hai. Flight Sunday ki hai. Beta, utna door jana jaroori hai. Tum chaho to Mumbai, apni Khala ke paas jaa sakti ho'

'Jaane de Abbu, jitna dur utna accha' she replied.

'Meri bachi' her mother whispered, drawing her into a warm hug before her emotions overtook her. After some time Inayat composed herself, she gently released Naaziya from the embrace. Naaziya playfully remarked 'Chalo Ammi, saman rakhwane mein help karo. Itna saman main pack nahi kar paungi.' Inayat smiled and patted her head lovingly.