Part 12

It was the day of the engagement, and Naaziya looked stunning in her pastel blue Sharara. Her nude makeup highlighted her natural beauty, and the choker around her neck added to her elegance. However, her smile, her best accessory, was missing. She sat in a corner away from the crowd, present only for her family's sake.

Hyder, wearing a cream-colored sherwani, looked handsome on the stage with Shafa next to him, blushing like a bride. But Hyder's eyes were searching for someone else. When their eyes met, they both looked emotional, almost broken. Hyder tried to convince himself that what he was doing was best for her future, but deep down, he knew it was painful.

With one last look at Naaziya, Hyder put the ring in Shafa's finger. Unable to bear the sight, Naaziya turned away, trying to shield herself from the agony of the moment.

'Aap sahi se keh rahe the Shafa se nikah kyu kar rahe hai... Jab mohobaat Naaziya hai to kissi aur se nikah ka kya matlab'

'Wo bolte hai hum unke pyar ko galat samjh rahe hai'

Rafia laughed at his reply 'Mujhe lagta hai wo apne pyar ko galat samjh rahe hai; his eyes yearn for her, ye sirf roomani pyar mein hota hai'

'Enough of this bullshit...I am fixing this' he said, frustrated with the situation.

'Kya karne wale ho' Rafia enquired.

**

Sameer pulled Naaziya to his room where the gang and Rafia were waiting for them.

'Kya kar rahe aap?' Naaziya asked looking around the room.

'Bahut hua tum dono ka. Tum yahan devdas bani ho aur wo wahan Paro. Baat karo aur khatm karo ye drama' Sameer demanded.

'Ye drame hum nahi kar rahe' Naaziya defended herself.

'Tum aise haar maan logi?' Shohaib asked.

'Pyar forcefully nahi hota' replied Naaziya.

'Exactly, jab wo tumse pyar karte hai to Shafa se kaise karenge' Sameer tried to reason.

'Bas bahut hua. Pehle bhi yahi sab baatein hui thi. Uska nateeza dekh liya maine. Naaziya ab yeh sab bakwaas mat suno. meri behen ki zindagi hai.. mazak nahi hai' Mobeen yelled.

'Jante hai, humare liye bhi Naaz majak nahi hai. Jhoot mat bolna Mobeen, tumko sach much lagta hai Hyder bhai nahi pyar karte hai Naaz se'

'Haan bahut pyar karte hai...itna pyar ki marzi se Shafa to angoothi pehnayi hai' Mobeen scoffed.

'Ye to meri bhi samjh ke bahar hai ki bhai kya soch rahe. But main phir bhi yahi bolunga ki ek last try do Naaz. Unki aur apni Khushi ke liye' Zain pleaded.

Mobeen held her hand and was taking her out of the room, but Rafia stopped them.

'I know mera abhi bolna banta nahi hai aapke maslon mein; par mujhe to 5 min mein samjh aa gaya Hyder bhai tumhare liye kya feel karte hai. Tumhe itne saal baad bhi yakeen nahi hai. Agar unko koi hichak hai to tum hi wo dur kar sakti ho. Abhi bhi mauka hai, baad mein sirf afsoos reh jayega; soch lo'

Mobeen took her out of the room not wanting her to delve too much into this matter.

**

Naaziya was wide awake; With Rafia's words lingering in her mind 'Baad mein sirf afsoos reh jayega'. Naaziya mustered the courage to confront him.

Standing at his door, she took a deep breath to calm her heart. She entered the room; before he could say anything, she settled herself on the couch kept opposite of bed, facing him directly.

'Aap ye kyu kar rahe hai?'

'Kya?'

'Ye sab' gesturing as if wearing an engagement ring on her finger.

'Matlab?'

'Matlab bas itna hai, apne humare liye mana kyu kiya?' she asked looking directly in his eyes despite her trembling heart.

'Main tumse nikah nahi kar sakta' he said looking away.

'Kyu?'

'Kyunki, main tumse pyar nahi karta'

'Kisse jhoot bol rahe hai aap, agar aap humse pyar nahi karte tab to koi bhi kissi se pyar nahi karta' she retorted, not backing down

'Main tumhare liye waise nahi soch sakta'

'Aap apni excuses apne paas rakhiye. Hum bas ye batane aaye the ki aap humare hai, aur humare hi rahenge' she said, her heart pacing as she turned away and left the room. As she walked away, Hyder remained stunned, unable to find the words to respond to her bold confession.