Part 8

Hyder and Shafa occupied the business class seats on their flight to Singapore. Uncharacteristically, Shafa couldn't stop fidgeting, nervously moving her fingers and shaking hands. Hyder, sensing her distress, held her hand gently and offered her an assuring smile.

"Don't worry, Shafa. There's hardly any chance you'll see him, but even if you do, face him bravely. I'm right here with you," he comforted her.

Despite his words, Shafa's unease persisted, and Hyder realized that the childhood scar ran deeper than he had anticipated. Shafa's father had been abusive, and when she was just 8, he abandoned her and her mother, choosing a life with other women in Singapore. Though Shafa was grateful he left, today her fears were resurfacing and haunting her.

After completing their two-day business meeting, they decided to explore the city. During dinner at Marina Bay, Shafa's worst fears came true. There, standing before her, was the man she once called her father. She couldn't tear her gaze away, hoping to find remorse in his eyes. But instead, she was met with ignorance. Her father had forgotten her, and a tear fell from her eye, drawing Hyder's attention.

Hyder noticed the man and felt his blood boil, but he knew this wasn't the right time for confrontation. Shafa was trembling with a mix of anger, fear, and various emotions. Without hesitation, he guided her out of the restaurant and took her back to their hotel room.

Reaching the room, Shafa looked at him with a blank expression. "Shafa, don't worry. I'm here," he reassured her.

Unable to contain her emotions any longer, she broke down in front of him, seeking solace in his embrace. Hyder, unsure of how to console her, held her tightly, patting her back as she sobbed.

***

After the incident, Mobeen and Zain began to closely observe Hyder and Naaziya. It was evident to them how Naaziya's face would light up in Hyder's presence, her usual chirpy self-shining through. However, they also noticed the stark change in her demeanour after Hyder departed for Singapore.

The two of them couldn't help but discuss their observations about the 'Jodi' with the rest of gang. They filled the gang in on the recent events and the noticeable interactions between Hyder and Naaziya. Everyone was intrigued by the dynamics of their relationship and how it seemed to affect Naaziya's mood and behavior.

'Sameer tujhe lagta hai bhai usko pasand karte hai?' Mobeen asked.

'Khadoos hai bhai...meri behen ko to bore kar denge...romantic type bhi nahi lagte...nahi yeh sahi nahi hai' Shohaib expressed his denial.

'Arey...par uski baat to kabhi taal nahi paate...overprotective hai uske liye...usko udas nahi dekh paate...jodi to aachi hai' Zain said excited.

'Yaad hai jab Naaz ko fever aaya tha last month to kaise puri raat uske sar ki patti badal rahe the...Aur aaj dekha kaise hero ki tarah uthaya usko...pyar to hai unke dil mein naaz ke liye' Zain added.

Mobeen also remembered Hayder's behaviour with Naaziya, how he completely transforms into a different person with her.

'Lekin..' Mobeen was hesitant.

'Aur Naaz ka nikkah bhai ke saath hua to wo issi ghar mein aayegi bida ho kar' Sameer said.

'But Naaziya ka kya? Wo pasand karti hai bhai ko?' Sohaib asked convinced.

'Mujhe bhai ka pata nahi but I am sure Naaz ko bhai pasand hai. Aaj maine uski aankho mein dekha, bhai ke liye feelings' Zain said filling them with the incident.

***

Mobeen forwarded a cup of coffee to Naaziya and sat next to her 'Ek baat batao Naaz, Tum Hayder bhai ko kabse pasand karti ho?'

She accidentally spat out her coffee due to shock, causing her to cough uncontrollably. He gently rubbed her back to help her calm down, and she felt like a thief caught red-handed in the act.. 'Bologi' he asked softly.

'A...A..ap ko ye kisne bola? Aisa ku..ch nahi hai' she stammered , visibly flustered.

'Bhai hu...tumhe bolne ki jaroorat nahi hai. Bhai ko pata hai tum kya feel karti ho?'. She remained silent, unsure of how to respond. 'Sach much pasand karti ho ya bas crush hai? If you want, I can help.'

Her eyes widened with surprise, and her mouth hung open in disbelief at his unexpected support.

'Itna shock mat ho. Socha maine puri raat kal. Mujhe lagta hai wo aache hai tumhare liye, khyal rakhenge tumhara' he reassured her.

Unable to put herfeelings into words, she simply smiled and embraced her brother tightly,expressing her gratitude, 'Thank you'.