Part 23

The next sensation he experienced was someone thrusting their finger into his throat, inducing him to vomit. He retched, feeling the drowsiness overwhelming him, and then slipped into unconsciousness before he could identify the person attempting to rescue him. After several hours of sleep, he awoke with a pounding headache, his eyes searching the room until they settled on his father, who was looking at him with a concerned expression. As Hyder regained consciousness, Sadiq approached him and inquired softly, 'Aisa kya hua Hyder? Itna bada kadam le liya aur pareshani ka koi zikr bhi nahi kiya'.

Unable to meet his father's gaze, Hyder averted his eyes. Sadiq persisted, 'Bolo beta. Aisa kya hua?'. The weight of his father's inquisitive stare caused Hyder's resolve to waver, and he began to sob. His father's comforting hand on his back and his understanding presence helped soothe him. It took a few moments for Hyder to regain his composure, but bolstered by his father's supportive smile, he began recounting the events of the past year.

As Hyder gazed at his father, he could discern a mixture of anger and regret in Sadiq's eyes. Sadiq's voice trembled with emotion as he began to speak, "Sorry, Beta. I couldn't provide you with the confidence to share your problems with me. I know you, and I have complete faith in the upbringing your mother and I have given you. Mujhe pata hai tum humse kabhi jhoot nahi bologe. Par ek baar aana chahiye tha tumhe." His voice caught, choked by the emotions that surged within him. After a moment of composing himself, he continued, "I'm sorry. I wasn't able to shield you from this. But don't worry, aaj ke baad tum par ek saya bhi nahi padne dunga. Promise me that you won't engage in such things anymore. Tumko andaza nahih hai par huhmari jaan basti hai tumhare mein?"

Hyder felt his own eyes well up with tears. He nodded vigorously, his voice choked with emotion as he replied, "I promise, Abbu. I won't let you down again. Par aap please ammi ko matt batana". Sadiq nodded and pulled Hyder for a hug to relieve the pain he had suffered. No matter what Sadiq said but the damage was done, his son had suffered an abuse which no father would be able to bear. And this pain was given by the family member.

**

Sadiq's anger was like a raging fire within him, wanting to kill Farheen with his bare hand. However, he was caught in a dilemma. On one hand, he wanted to protect his own family's reputation and shield his nephews from the fallout, and on the other hand, he wanted to ensure justice for Hyder. Sadiq was deeply concerned about how the society would react if Farheen's actions became public knowledge. He understood all too well the judgmental nature of society and how it often unfairly places blame on the family along with the perpetrator. The situation was tearing him apart.

Summoning all his resolve, he decided to talk to Farheen, despite the conflict he felt. His voice was firm as he addressed her, 'Farheen, tum ye ghar chor ke jao. Ab main tumhe iss ghar mein rehna allow nahi kar sakta' Sadiq said sternly.

Farheen, however, attempted to feign innocence. 'Kya hua bhaiya?' she asked with a falsely innocent tone..

Sadiq's frustration grew. 'Mujhe Hyder ne sab bata diya hai. Iske pehle ki main ye matter sabke samne lau, tum iss ghar se chali jao'

But Farheen was quick to counter, attempting to manipulate the situation. 'Wo jhoot bol raha hai, usne kiya mere saath sab kuch. Ghar ki izzat ke liye main kuch boli nahi aur aap mujhe hi saza de rahe hai.'

Sadiq's patience wore thin as he snapped,'Bakwaas band karo. Agar nahi chahti Zain aur Sohaib ko kho do to behtar hoga mere bete aur parivaar se door chali jao' He threatened.

'Bhaisaab main kya bol kar jaungi. Main kabhi Hyder aur apke samne nahi aungi...'

Her pleading words hung in the air as he turned and left the room, feeling a mixture of anger, helplessness, and the weight of his responsibilities towards both his son and his extended family.

***

True to her words, Farheen never approached Hyder again. Sadiq threat ensured his son's well-being and it worked to shield him from any further harm. However, the burden of the situation, coupled with the guilt and stress he felt, began to take a toll on Sadiq's own health.

The constant worry and internal conflict weighed heavily on him, leading to frequent health issues and high blood pressure. He was bearing the weight of the responsibility he felt for his family's reputation, his nephews' future, and his son's emotional well-being. Despite his best efforts, the strain was overwhelming.

Then came that fateful night when the accumulated stress and health issues reached a breaking point. Sadiq's body, weakened by the mental and emotional struggles he had been facing, gave in. He left his family forever, succumbing to the physical toll that the situation had taken on him.